awful pain in knee

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
not the best thread to make in 'General Chatter' but wasnt sure where else to post it..

I have had this horrible pain in my knee for a few weeks now, its right above my knee bone, and hurts when i stand up and generally bend or put any weight on that leg.
its not visibly bruised but that's what it feels like, i haven't banged it lately and sometimes its my right, sometimes left, sometimes both..

I was going to see a doctor see what they say but i know all they will do is tell me to go to physio or do some stretches which i cant see making a whole lot of difference..

Im nearing 6 week post natal now, and i wanting to start doing light exercise but i cant with this stupid pain in my knee..

any suggestions or should i just give in and see gp?

you may have housemaids knee. have a google & see if the discription matches.

i suffer with it & its horrible!!
the gp may be able to give you some decent pain relief xx

i looked it up, it says the knee area is usually swollen, theres no swelling to my knee at all :s xx

It could just be a side affect of pregnancy and your body getting back to normal- I had some really crazy pains after LO was born for about a year after... but I also live with chronic pain too (well before I was prego). So, to me, it wasn't a big deal- I just pushed through and did what I could to keep it in check.

If it continues though- to be sure, you should see your GP. Then maybe ask for a referal to physical therapy or a orthopedic doc. PT worked well for me- especially during pregnancy and post-pregnancy. Didn't stop the pains- but helped a ton. I still keep things in check with acupuncture, chiropractor, massage... etc... etc... lol. Yeah, I'm a bit of a mess!

Can't hurt to have it looked at though and go from there if the pain doesn't get any better soon. It's no fun. I have knee pain all the time- somedays worse than others- and nothing has ever helped-- I've just learned to deal. I will say that excercise, although sometimes harder during, had made my body stronger and my pain is more manageable (I just started off slow and listened to my body- and didn't push it. In time, it got better). :hugs:

I had terrible knee pain post natal for about 9-10 months. It was especially bad when standing up and sitting down. Oh used to get annoyed at me cause I refused to go to GP......then one day it was gone. But like I said that was almost a year of being in pain. You should go to GP, I think it probably pregnancy related x

im at the docs monday so i will mention it then, i have just never seen the point in physio to be honest, when i had sciatica during pregnancy time and time again i refused it, i still now sometimes have the pain in my tail bone from it, but i will still deal with it. same with my knee, if physio is my only option, chances are ill leave it to get better on its own, or just deal with it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->