Awww crap :)

Rickles

Reaction score
So DH and I were chatting last night and he suggested we didn't find out the gender this time.

We did with DD. But then I had a very traumatic birth. So this time I am having an elective c-section and basically want a very different experience in every possible way.

Given we will be given the birth date, DH reckons we should have one surprise to look forward to... He also knows I'd love a boy and probably wisely knows the minute I am handed a healthy baby there will be no disappointment, whereas if I find out before I might be a little.

I agreed... but team yellow for 7 months is going to so HARD!!!!!! :dohh:

We aren't finding out this time. We did with my son and it's going to be SO HARD!! Aagggh oh well it will be a lovely surprise :) I have always wanted the "it's a..." Moment hehe

We didn't with #1 and it was wonderful :flow: The doctor handed baby to me instantly, without say a word, so I was the first to announce "it's a girl!" and it was magical!

I'm slightly inclined to find out with this one, but I know that we won't.... just nice to entertain the idea!

Go team yellow!!!

We're going team yellow this time, seeing as we now have one of each gender, so there's nothing to prepare for anyway. Now that I know we're going to wait, I'm actually quite relaxed about it, whereas I was counting down to the 20 week scan with my other two. :flower:

It's amazing not finding out!! Slightly frustrating towards the end when you want to buy stuff but it is just so nice to suddenly after all the pain put not just a name but a gender to the baby you have been caring for all these months!
Also then being able to tell people on the phone etc when it's happened too!

I didn't find out with my 3 sons & I won't be with this 1 either, it's an amazing surprise team yellow all the way xxx

I'm a planner, so I would have gone CRAZY if I didn't find out lol. But, if you can wait that long and you're okay with gender neutral things, I say do it! It's the best surprise parents get!

This is my first and we've decided to keep it a surprise...i think lol. We said before when we were trying that we would keep it a surprise, but now I'm dying to know already lol.

We were team yellow last time even though hubby wanted to know. It was a wonderful feeling to find out at the birth. I had a feeling te whole pregnancy it was a boy though.

This time hubby really wants to find out. And it makes sense I suppose. I have all the supplies I need but will I need to get thorrins clothes down from attic or buy new ones? Share his room or use the spare room? I love surprises but dh likes to be prepared.

Thanks ladies - I am a planner so it's tough!!

But I think OH is right it's nice to have something so exciting as part of a scheduled birth...

I'm ok with gender neutral - was checking out some stuff last night - I love newborns in white so I think I'll have 10 white newborn sleepsuits for the first couple of days and then I can go crazy ordering online (in the hospital when no visitors can come in!). As OH pointed out - everyone does next day delivery (apart from pregnant women!)

Here's to happy and healthy babies for us all :)

xx

We have talked about not finding since before we even started TTC... 3 minutes after BFP though hubby asked if we were really going to wait lol
The other day he said he wants to wait for sure just so people won't give him a hard time about saying all this time we'd be team yellow..

I'm so excited to have that moment of suspense waiting for the Dr to say what he/she is... I think it will be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->