[b][/b]help - our lo has stopped drinking milk!

idunno

Reaction score
Our LO is 2 years and 4 months. For quite some time she has been drinking more and more milk, still from a bottle. Recently she was becoming more and more attached to the bottle and we decided she was far too old to be drinking from a bottle, so finally took it away last Monday.

For the first day there was screaming and crying. Now she has accepted no more bottle but refuses to drink any more milk. We have tried all different cups, disguising it in other drinks she likes, but she says milk is for little girls (we told her the bottle was for little girls to get her to stop using it).

She has a couple of times had some milk, but nothing of the same quantity as she was drinking. We have ordered a couple of new cups and will try and sit with her before bed time and drink milk together, but if anyone else has experienced this or any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Omar was the same when we weaned him off the bottle at 23 months. He was drinking loads of milk, when we weaned him off the bottle he went off milk. After 1 month he started to show interest in drinking milk directly from the milk bottle, then he started to drink from my glass of milk. Now he drinks around 5-6 oz from an open cup. I add a decent amount of milk to his cereals & I give him a yoghurt or two during the day. They need 12 oz of dairy. Milk is only a drink, if she's getting enough dairy in her food it should be fine Hun xx

Esther did the same when I stopped breast feeding her. She was 18 months and had only ever had my milk directly from me.
She stopped drinking milk for a couple of months and then all of a sudden started it up again.
We use the Nuby Cool Sipper rather than going straight to a cup. It did take her a while before she got the hang of the beaker. Although strangely enough she drank from a straw no problem.

My LO is 2 and a half now and still has milk in a bottle in the morning and at bed time.........my eldest daughter went of ALL milk and dairy at 16 months old and getting calcium into her diet was a nightmare so with my youngest daughter im not bothered how she drinks her milk as long as she still wants it thats fine with me....... she has started dropping the morning one herself.

Once bottles stop they do tend to drink less milk but if they have some milk and dairy in their diet i really wouldnt worry xxx

Many thanks for the responses. She will drink milk every now and again plus has yoghurts etc so it's good to know we have done nothing wrong. As with everything I suppose it just needs time for adjustment.

Hopefully she will be more interested when her Mickey and Minnie cups arrive!!

Oliver stopped having milk a month and a bit ago, sometimes he asks for it but not often.

Don't worry. My son hasn't drank milk since about 17 months and since 13 months he only had little bits. He has yogurts and cheese and other non dairy sources of calcium too. He's perfectly healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->