B6 to lengthen LP

SarahA

Reaction score
We are TTC #1, and so far, no BFP. Based on Doctor Google's recommendation, I start taking B6 to lengthen my 10-day LP. I usually O around CD16 of a 26-day cycle. I've been taking B6 since CD1 this cycle, and I O'd 3 days later than expected, on CD19. I'm 9DPO now and have a feeling that AF is just around the corner, so I'm making plans for next cycle.

I understand that B6 works by boosting progesterone, but that it also affects estrogen, which I'm guessing is why I O'd so late (but I'm not a doctor). So, to the ladies who've used B6 to lengthen LP, do you use it all the way through your cycle? Or just after O? Should I keep taking it but cut down the dosage during the first half of my cycle so that I don't O so late next time?

I started taking B6 to lengthen my luteal phase after a chemical pregnancy in April. I started taking 100mg a day,every day of my cycle. The first cycle i ovulated a day or two late but my luteal phase increased by 2-3 days. The cycle after that I got my BFP! And here I am now, nearly 10 weeks. I've continued taking it throughout my pregnancy as well as stopping it after BFP can cause progesterone levels to drop and could potentially cause miscarriage. It can also help with morning sickness/nausea. All the best! x

I took B Complex and it has stopped me ovulating at all. I have stopped taking it now and am relying on a healthy diet (ensuring I get loads of B vits from marmite, lentils etc) to lengthen my LP :(

I had a short LP (7-9 days, thanks to ovulating day 21 of a max 30 day cycle). Shortly after a chemical pregnancy I started taking B6 and I think B12 (day 1 of cycle, every day) and I can't guarantee if it works, but I got pregnant with my little guy that cycle. Considering I had never had a LP longer than 9 days I have to think it played a part. Good luck!

Just started taking B6 this cycle because of what I read online for a late ovulation with a short luteal phase (7 days). So far, I found 100mg was making me a bit headachy ( a known side effect). I'm currently on CD 26 (average cycle length over the pAst three years is 25 days). Here's hoping AF doesn't come!

So to answer SarahA's question, all he supplementary reading I did after the internet, suggests taking it your whole cycle. Good luck!

I've conceived 4 times with a 10 day LP, so fear not, it is possible xxx

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Something I did this cycle must have worked, because I got a BFP this morning (13DPO). So I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Something I did this cycle must have worked, because I got a BFP this morning (13DPO). So I'm cautiously optimistic.
That's wonderful news!!! Congratulations! Hope it sticks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->