Babies and medicine?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
If you have to give your baby medicine and they are sick within an hour after having it should you give them some more? Or just leave it until the next dose?

I have no idea how it all works with babies? :hissy:

I have no idea atall eitherr i wanna see what people say.
I would guess leave them though until the recommeneded time for more, they are bound to have absored some and not sicked it all back up, so if you gave them more ontop of some that they had absorbed it would be too much?

Dunno if i make sense...

yeah i would say if it stays down for a while it should work, lilly was poorly and was sicking up her calpol straight away and i was to scared to give her any more till 4 hours later AAARRRGGHHH we got it through it though, it was horrid. hope bubz is better soon hun. xxxx

I just wondered what the time limit was on babies absorbing the medicine, Brooke is quite sicky these last 2 days and im worried its not getting into her system well enough if that makes sense?

Yeah...I understand! I think there's some scientific thing to it lol(shoulda listened in biology). I BELIEVE that when taking a pill, it takes 15 min to settle in the bloodstream, but where its a liquid medicine it takes twice that long?

I would leave it until the next dose, some of it, if not all likely got into her system and you don't want to risk an overdose

yup, half hour is a safe time to go by. Liquid medicine is absorbed quickly.

i'm like vickie - i just leave it till the next dose x

Like others have said a liquid will go through quickly. Think how quickly a glass of water would pass through. Tablets might take a little longer but if there aren't bits in the sick then they too have probably been digested. I'd leave it until the next dose.

I agree, it takes little time for a medicine to settle in the babies bloodstream. :hugs:

hi hun
the med will b in brooks system after 10 mins :happydance:
i no this as i av to give sam antibiotics every night n i av done since he was 3mths old

you leave it to the net dose hunni, medicine is in the system within 30 mins. working in the nursery thats how we give calpol to start working etc. hope brooke is feeling ok hun

Lou
xxx

I'd leave it the 4 hours if I could ...unless it came up straight away x

Hope shes better soon for you hun - poor love :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024