Babies born at 35weeks? Prognosis..

Fenix was born at 35 weeks. He stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks on low flow oxygen, and establishing feeds. He didn't need any help breathing, other than the small amount of oxygen, and had no other problems. It was a very uneventful NICU stay compared to Elias'. :)

Thanks for the replies girls. I will be 37weeks in two days time :)

Yay! Glad baby is still cookin'!

My 16 month old was born at exactly 35 weeks.

He was 5lb 13oz.

He spent 36 hours being observed in NICU but never needed any assistance.
He was jaundic so was under a phototheripy light whilst in NICU and then for another 3 days on the transitional care ward with me.
We spent a total of 1 week in hospital.
He was born 8.30 Sunday night & we were discharged the following Sunday at 1pm.

My son has never had any issues. He's been to the Drs maybe twice for viral infections & he's really tall/big for his age. You would never guess he was premature.

He's developed just fine. He was a little slower to start with, but by 8 months was pretty much at the same milestones as a full term baby.

I am currently 35 weeks & 5 days & the only reason I'm trying to avoid pre term labour is because I want to avoid the week stay in hospital again, other than that I wouldn't be worried if this LO arrived now - which is possible!

This is really good to hear, Im currently on transitional care with my little one born at 35 weeks exactly on Monday. Shes under phototheraphy as we speak for Jaundice but they're hopeful on prognosis as was not severe, also watching her weight. They are hopeful to discharge me at weekend/Monday but in true hospital fashion they aren't ever good with definites.

Thanks for sharing this, peace of mind is absolutely priceless at this time, I have to say spending this week in hospital has been the most challenging but rewarding time mixed with equal amounts of fear and joy.

XX

Amelia decided to surprise us by coming at 35weeks with a quick 2 1/2hour labour too! she weighed a good 5lb 14oz! we stayed in transitional care for 10 days due to her jaundice until finally a different paediatrician said the soft lump on her head was a bruise from birth (quite normal) until the blood from the bruise broke down she will stay jaundice! plus she was ebf which can also cause jaundice so they sent us home!
Amelia now 7weeks old and weighs 8lb9 oz which is really good!

my son was born at 35 weeks ue to being breech and PROM. i had the steriods at 31 weeks when my waters broke but he went into NICU because he had a grunt. He weighed 5lb 1 when born and even the tiny baby clothing was too big.
He was treated for jaundice too. Apart from bronciolitus quite a bit to begin with you would never know he was a preemie just like his mum :)

This was him when he was born and how he is now at 3 1/2 years old, im sure things will be fine hun the longer they stay put the better xx

Attachments

• PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2013-01-15 15.03.50.jpg
    2013-01-15 15.03.50.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics