Babies dad at the birth??

Anja

Reaction score
I dont know what to do. My husband and I are seperating but he would still like to be at the birth. I just dont want him there as I dont want to be under any more stress than I have to be......BUT.....neither do I want to take this most precious, wonderous moment away from him....the birth of his child.

WHAT DO i DO?????

Let him come in after. Don't have him there when you're pushing or in labour. Just let him be waiting outside so you don't have to deal with him and he won't stress you out.

Send him a video! That way he can still experience it without hovering over you.

I would honestly advise you to let him be there.

Ii am also not with the father of my child but I am definitely letting him be at the birth.
It is a magical moment,for him to see his child being born and holds him for the first time.

And it may not even cause that much stress for you.Maybe his support while you're in there actually helps...
If not,just think about how wonderful it is that you guys shared this moment together if nothing else...

Well,thats my advice.

ah hun, what a hard decision for you to make. :hug:

I think it is a good idea for him to be there at that magical moment his baby is born, but to be honest, if it were me i think i would feel uncomfortable about him being in that same room with me.

If you are parting on good terms then it seems a good idea to let him be there... gosh i'm confusing myself now.. such a big decision

((hugs)) maybe wait a little closer to the time and see how you feel then hun

If it was me i would still let him be there, just tell him not to do/say anything thats going to make me more stressed!! I think its still nice if you both share the moment when your baby comes into the world even if your not together!

Thank girls....I really do appreciate all the opinions on this one!!!!

Personally I wouldn't want him there, Because it would feel awkward... but I would feel abit cruel for not letting him see the birth of his son/daughter. It also depends on what terms you're on, if it's good terms, then I'd let him. If you're on bad terms, then I wouldn't. Just my opinion hun. x

I think id let him be there, but id give him conditions to obey of course, like "you are not allowed to touch me, you have to be quiet and remember im capable of breaking your neck when im so much pain" and so on.
It wouldent really be fair to make him miss the birth of his child.
Plus when its happening, if he pisses you off, you could always punch him to make your self feel better lol. :rofl:

My OH and I separated a month before our second child was due. He wanted to be at the delivery, and in part I didn't, but I allowed it. It is his child and I truly believe he had every right to see his son being born.

Yes, it was awkward but at the same time, the dad has rights too.

We did get back together 4 months after.

:hugs:

you have got to do what ever is best for you hun,if it makes you feel uncomfortable then ask him to wait outside,i was with the father of my 1st and he made me feel worse than what i felt already so he was madee to wait outside,the 2nd baby my b/f was there and he was great just seeing his face made it all worthwhile,your body your choice,you may change your mind once you actualy start,good luck with your decision xx

Maybe say to him that you'd like to let him be there but if it gets too much ask him to leave the room for a while but get the midwife to get him in just before baby is born? Must be such a hard decision Good Luck!!

maybe you should speak to him and tell him how you are worried it will be stressful him being there, and ask him if he really wants to be in there or if he wants to wait outside, you might be suprised he may just want to wait outside anyway, but i personally wouldnt stop him coming in if that is what he wants because it is the mans baby to and i wouldnt want that right taken away from me so i wouldnt do it to the man, however its your choice hun do what you want to do

I would tell him it concerns you, allow him to be at the hospital (or wherever) and come in right after so he can greet the baby. But maybe see how you feel at the time about him being in the room. Either you could call him in or you could start off with him there but ask him to leave it began to make you feel uncomfortable.

I dont know what to do. My husband and I are seperating but he would still like to be at the birth. I just dont want him there as I dont want to be under any more stress than I have to be......BUT.....neither do I want to take this most precious, wonderous moment away from him....the birth of his child.

WHAT DO i DO?????

Just let him be there to share that experience too.

Mello

yeah dont let him in when ugive brith but let him in when it is all over and done with.. You can do with out the added stress... and maybe tell him how u feel too or something.. because u guys arent a couple any more...

head f*ck!!!
I would let him be at the hospital.....no question about that so he could see the new little person as soon as they were born.....as for the rest????? I just dont know! I will try and forget abouty it for now and concentrate on N moving out and then I can go back to it again later.
Thank you all SOOOOOOO much for your input!!!

I think it's difficult for you to decide that at the moment, you need to see how things are between you nearer the time.
Maybe you could call him in just for the final stage, so he can be there for the actual birth, without causing you too much strss before hand?
xx
:hug:

let him come in as your pushing as you probably wont realize hes there at that point that way he still sees bubs being born

I agree with those who are saying that if you're on good terms then let him be in there. It is ulitmately your decision and you shouldn't be swayed by whatever he says. However if you guys are friends then he might be of some use to you in the room just for some extra support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->