Babies due in JUNE!

Morning all. Im totally p*ssed off. We are moving house (to a completely different area) in just over 2 weeks. The doctor Im registered with now wont give me a midwife appointment in my current area because by then Ill be moved and the new area wont let me register until Ive moved in by which time they said its unlikely that I will be able to get a 12 weeks scan appointment as they will be full so it might have to take place later!! Also appears that they dont do nuchal fold scans either which is concerning me given my age. Also just found out that the hospital nearest to my new house which is 35 minutes away have shut their maternity unit so now the nearest one is an hour away (and to be honest not in a very nice area.) To top it all, me and OH fell out last night and he hasnt even bothered his arse phoning me to find out how I got on at the doctor this morning. To be fair he may be in a meeting and will phone when he gets out of it but even so, Im cheezed off! :brat:

And breath.......

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes, i understand your concerns. Do you have to change your address immediately?

Thanks Sadie. We are moving over an hour away from where we live now so it wouldnt really be realistic to stay in this district so far as maternity stuff concerned. We are just renting the place we are in now temporarily as recently sold our house in Edinburgh. Moving to the country. :(

Oh Sunshine, :hugs:
I'm so sorry. That's absolutely terrible. I would think an NT scan is an absolutely a necessity for our age. Maybe try calling again, hopefully you'll get somebody who is more helpful this time and willing to listen to you.

Seemingly there are only certain hospitals in Scotland that do NT scans and they dont think the hospital I will be going to is one of them. If needsbe we will just go private. Im not foregoing an important scan just because of a glitch in the National Health Service!! Hopefully the lady I spoke with at the doctors is wrong and they do do them. Time will tell. Thanks Ferne and Sadie for listening to my rant! Im normally very calm!! x

I am so weepy these days. I LOVE the opening page Sadie, thanks so much. I can't believe I am here!!!!

ferne gets all the credit for the opening page!

Sorry you're weepy. I was a hot mess 9, 10, 11 dpo but now Im so much better. Hope it passes soon.

By the way, what is an NT scan? My first OB appt is Nov 11.... Dont know what will happen then!

Sadie, its the scan where the measure the fluid behind the babys neck so they have an indication of downs risk.

I got told today that the first meeting with midwife/OB just goes through family history and stuff and they sometimes take blood. Sounds really boring! I want a scan and I want one now!!! :)

Very boring. I'll be almost 9 weeks and my OB has been my gyn for years.... Hmmmm. I hope to have some sort of a scan or ultrasound!

Thanks for the NT info. I plan to do genetic testing also.

I would love to join your thread. I am due June 7th with #5!!

Very boring. I'll be almost 9 weeks and my OB has been my gyn for years.... Hmmmm. I hope to have some sort of a scan or ultrasound!

Hey Sadie,
They usually do an ultrasound at the first appointment to measure the fetus. You'll get to see your baby for the first time! Something to look forward to for sure.

Congrats mnjhowell!

#5? WOW! That's amazing. I know how busy I am with just one.
Welcome, so good to meet you!

Hello lilmamatoW!

Congratulations! You share a due date with Beut. H&H 9 to you!

Is that just a scan as well? Ive never heard of it being available here in the UK for pregnant women (although what do I know!) You can maybe get it here if you go private.x

Congratulations Lil and MNJ! xx

Is that just a scan as well? Ive never heard of it being available here in the UK for pregnant women (although what do I know!) You can maybe get it here if you go private.x

Congratulations Lil and MNJ! xx

Here's some info on the NT.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuchal_scan

When I had it done with my daughter, they gave me a DVD of the entire thing. They started recording it the moment we saw the baby on screen. You see your baby in much greater detail than you would with a regular ultrasound. It's spectacular! Afterwards, we sat down with a genetic counselor to go over the numbers. They told me the risks based on my age (I was 33 at the time) and then they told me the risks based on my NT results.

Thanks Ferne. It seems odd to me that every hospital wouldnt do one of these but seemingly in scotland they dont! Ill just pay for one if necessary.

I know there is a risk of miscarriage but I think Im going to have an amniocentesis done. There are so many things to think and worry about arent there! Never realised how many until now. x

There are some example of a NT test on youtube such as this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8if_IVf0yHw&feature=related

This is what our dvd recorded. You'll see the technician pauses the video to do multiple measurements. Your doctor will likely refer you to a different place to get this test done (the equipment is too expensive to have in house). We watched ours on a big screen in real time. I think I'll bring my daughter to this screening. I think she'll be amazed.

Watch at about the :55 second mark. The technician takes a measurement from the top of the head to the bottom of the baby's bum. While that's happening, look in the bottom right hand corner. The size determines the fetus' age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->