Baby #2 a long way off, but...

SoupDragon

Mum of 1, LTWTT #2
Reaction score
...I'm having feelings I wasn't expecting about it.

I'm not sure if it'd strictly be called GD, but here goes, I'll try to explain.

I was so desperate for my first baby to be a girl. We stayed :yellow:, as I knew if a boy popped out I wouldn't care, or I hoped I wouldn't, anyway, whereas if we'd found out at a scan it might have upset me. I convinced myself I was having a boy, just in case, though I had a gut feeling (or a strong wish, I'm not sure what it really was) since getting my bfp that baby was really a girl.

I ended up having an awful obstructed labour, ending in an emcs, so I was just relieved it was over and we were both still alive, but oh, the relief and elation when DH told me we had a daughter. I've never been so happy in my life. She's amazing; everything I ever wanted and so much more.

We will only be having one more child, and we'd always said the ideal would be one of each. But as time goes on, even though we're still a few years off ttc, I feel more and more that 'I really want a girl' feeling building again. I know what I'm doing with a baby girl, and my little lady is so awesome, I want another one. I like the idea of the possibility - I know it's no guarantee - of them being really close as sisters. I never had a sister, and my mum was so close to hers, I always wanted one. I'm not close to my brother at all.

But I've heard so much about the mother-son bond being so amazing, and think maybe DH should have the father-son bond, though I actually can't see either of us with a boy at all. If we had a boy I've no doubt we'd love him as much as we do DD, and wouldn't want to change anything about him, so why do I still feel like I did before having DD?

Can anyone relate?

I've always wanted boys and girls, i have 3 boys and hoping surprise #4 is a girl.
GD is very real but thankfully once bub arrives you're normally too smitten with your newborn to care so much about that's between the legs. It took me longer to move on with DS3 then it did with DS2. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother, my oldest sister is not particularly close with any of us, she wanted to be an only child! I have a special bond with my brother and i hope that if we have a girl my boys will have that same special bond. But i also have a beautiful bond with my other sisters.
Regardless what ever comes i hope it all works out for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->