baby asprin

mummy2girls

Reaction score
Im in 2 minds wether to take baby asprin after ive had 2 mcs this year & we are ttc again now.
Does anyone know if its safe? and how long you should take it for?

Thanks xxx

I've just had an mc last wednesday, I was actually taking aspirin since I tested positive. I think you should talk to your gp to give you unfragmented heparin as well. Mine didn't and I hope to ask for it if I get my bfp. The other thing I was too naive to ask for was a viability scan. Most doctors start the heparin at 5 wks. Talk to your GP if you can.

Hope it helps, and so sorry for your loses.

I was told to use baby asprin after my second mc, when I was pregnant again. I will admit I did not take it every day because it usually made me throw up. I lost that baby at 14 weeks. My case went to like "the" dr in the area and even he told me he did not know what happenmed. He thought that possibly I could benefit from blood thinner shots every day from week 12 to week 32. My 3 miscarraiges were at 16, 16, and 14 weeks.
But there is good news! A new dr. joined my practice and she had just returned from a year long fellowship in Nebraska. The new research shows that someone who has had 3+ mc may have endometreosis. I did. Most people with endometreosis have problems conceiveing, and we did not. I had a laparoscopy 3 weeks ago and were given the grren light to try in 2 months.

Good Luck!

hi hunny. I thought about this too after my second mc. i had the tests done to see if i had blood clotting issues, and i didnt, so i decided to not take it. If you are going to try it, its 75mg a day. gl x

Thanks girls, i think i am going to take it from now on!
My doctors wont do any tests on me unless i have a 3rd mc which i pray never happens, so i feel i have to do something so im going to give the baby asprin a go & fingers crossed.

Do you know how long you take it for in pregnancy?

ive had 3 mcs numerous tests thathave come back all clear and even a transvaginak scan that was clear ive got to go for cd 3 blood again and then if they come back normal again my consultant is going to start me on 75 mg of baby asprin! why domt you ask your gp about it if you want to give it a go? x

I have a condition called MTHFR I was tested and diagnosed after my third mc
my doctor WANTS me to take baby asperin
Even after I concieve I will take it or anothe blood thinner for my entire pregnancy

My consultant put me on it in this pregnancy because of the early miscarraige and losing Isabella.

She said even if it does no good it won't do any harm either so there is no reason not to. It's 75mg daily and you should stop around 34 weeks

Thanks for the replys girls.
Im going to start taking it now as they say its good for ttc, then once i am preg i will ovouisly discuss it with my gp, but im def going to give it a go, i mean i havent got anything to loose?

So you say you stop it about 34 weeks? is that safe to stop it then?

at 34 weeks they reccomend you stop because they dont want you on a blood thinner when you deliver.
You NEED to be able to clot

so it is safe for the baby to stop at 34 weeks? sorry for all the questions xx

Even after I concieve I will take it or anothe blood thinner for my entire pregnancy

I know somone on another forum with MTHFR as well. She was in a study and was given 5 mg folic acid as well as 81 mg aspirin - she went full term after five, I think miscarriages.

Ok I am now jumping on the aspirin band wagon too! :haha:

We have luckily only had one loss, a mmc at 5/6 weeks. It didn't cross my mind at the time but my mother has to take 75mg aspirin daily as she had a stroke caused by a clot in her early thirties and I was taken off the contraceptive pill as a blood test revealed that I was susceptible to strokes because of something in my blood, anybody have any ideas if this could have been part of our loss? Just wondering if it would do any good to start the aspirin, just don't want to risk harm to the LO if it isn't needed.

FiestyFidget, in your case I would definitly ask for some testing Re clotting disorders - seems you may have a family connection.
I know for testing for other issues like Celiacs - they ask you do not stop eating gluten prior to testing as it may effect the results. That may be the same with clotting issues - maybe best to get testing before taking aspirin reguarly - check with doc though:flower:

Thanks CedarWood :flower:

I think I will make an appointment with the GP an mention it, I just know it is going to be dismissed though as my GP doesn't like the fact we argued with her over trying again straight away :wacko:

Hi,

I had 3 miscarriages and was then referred to a fertility consultant. I had the blood tests but they came back fine. The consultant told me to take aspirin anyway - i then had a healthy baby girl. I was originally told to take the aspirin up to about 32/34 weeks. However i developed high blood pressure so the consultant told me to keep taking it.

At 37 weeks i was diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis (completely unrelated to the aspirin) and had to have a c section at 37w 4d. I stopped the aspirin at 37 weeks.

Good luck

I know somone on another forum with MTHFR as well. She was in a study and was given 5 mg folic acid as well as 81 mg aspirin - she went full term after five, I think miscarriages.

Thanks for this info
I hope she has a wonderful healthy baby
this is the same regimin I am on right now!
I will start ttc in Jan
I am praying this one sticks!

Ok I am now jumping on the aspirin band wagon too! :haha:

We have luckily only had one loss, a mmc at 5/6 weeks. It didn't cross my mind at the time but my mother has to take 75mg aspirin daily as she had a stroke caused by a clot in her early thirties and I was taken off the contraceptive pill as a blood test revealed that I was susceptible to strokes because of something in my blood, anybody have any ideas if this could have been part of our loss? Just wondering if it would do any good to start the aspirin, just don't want to risk harm to the LO if it isn't needed.

Its possible.
My dr says there is no harm at that low of a dose he only reccomends it if you have a clotting factor and then you come off of it toward the end so that you CAN clot during child birth.
I would DEFFINATLY talk to your doc about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->