Baby Blues

Lilllian

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a little note about 'Baby Blues' as it's something I found really strange to imagine happening to me when I was told about it in anti-natal classes. It happens to most mums within a few days after giving birth and it's not a nice feeling. it didn't last long for me - a day or just a few hours I seem to remember, but I did the classic, bursting into tears and not really knowing why! I remember visiting family at a BBQ when my baby was about 6 days old and as they sleep most of the time, everyone just carried on as normal as though she wasn't there (after the initial holding and gooing at her) and I just wanted to go home as it upset me - you feel like everyone should stop what they are doing and totally focus on your child- it's a weird feeling! I got in the car and burst into tears! It's such an emotional roller-coaster (pregnancy and birth etc) that it has to come out at some point, I guess?

Just wanted to share this as it happens to most mums, but I wasn't really expecting it to happen to me.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a541888/the-baby-blues

This is totally different to Post natal depression though, which is very serious and needs to be looked into.

Happened to me for one day. I had family over and I went in my room and locked the door and cried for no reason! My husband had no clue what was going on. LOL. It wasn't sadness about DD but I just felt an overwhelming amount of sadness and confusion. After that day I was fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->