Baby boy name too Tory?

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi all, my oh and I always disagree on boy names. We have found one we both like but then someone on here mentioned the Tory connotations and now I can't get it out of my head.

Our baby boy name of choice is 'Cameron/Cam' I still really like the name but worry people will think we are massive fans of David Cameron!!!

Thoughts?

Hi all, my oh and I always disagree on boy names. We have found one we both like but then someone on here mentioned the Tory connotations and now I can't get it out of my head.

Our baby boy name of choice is 'Cameron/Cam' I still really like the name but worry people will think we are massive fans of David Cameron!!!

Thoughts?

their is a girl in my sons class called Cameron and ive never made that assosiation

My other half's name is Cameron and I've never made the connection. It's a lovely boys name and one well-known person shouldn't put you off using it :flower:

I love the name Cameron! It's never made me think of that dreadful man haha.

I love the name Cameron but we did get lots of comments from friends about David Cameron. It has put us off the name but i still love it x

What is Tory and who is David Cameron?

I would have said that a 'Tory' name was something along the lines of Benedict or Jeffery, but then again I quite like both (despite being a Labour voter). He won't be in power (fingers crossed!) for much longer so I don't think it'll affect him.

I was fully expecting to read the name "Boris"!!! I wouldn't think of David Cameron, as it's a first name not a last name so my mind separates them for some reason.

What is Tory and who is David Cameron?

British prime minister. Tory means conservative.

Ok thanks. I know what it means in that sense then, I guess it was just the context was missing when I wasn't familiar with his name....country to country variations.

I think because Cameron will be used as a first name it won't always trigger the last name connection to your Prime Minister.

Oh...and I like Cameron!

I like the name but have to admit that's the reason I didn't and won't use it.

I wouldn't have associated the name with David Cameron. Its a nice name. Plus David Cameron's not exactly done anything memorable with his time as prime minister so chances are he'll be forgotten about within a few years of being voted out :)

Lol at Boris :haha:

I love the name Cameron. I don't have any neg connotations though with it, bc i'm from the US - lol.

I would have it on my top 10, but i'm put off by the meaning - which is "crooked nose." Grrrr! (I would possibly still use it though regardless).

David Cameron wouldn't be the first thing I think of when I hear Cameron. I've always liked the name myself and DC wouldn't put me off.

If you think people are likely to assume that your a David Cameron fan because of it, aren't they equally likely to think your must a big fan of James Cameron? :)

It's a lovely name in it's own right and has been for years and years :)

My sons name is Cameron!!

I loveeee it!!
And nobody has ever mentioned David Cameron to us <3

I'm from Scotland and Cameron is far from a Tory name up here! It's lovely, I'd never have associated it with DC.

I thought you were going to say a traditional Tory name like Arthur, Jeffrey, Florence, Elsbeth (all of which are no longer owned by the middle/upper classes!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->