Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Well, with Alex being a huge mummy's boy, I didn't want to say anything to him. However, when we were driving home on Sunday, it was eating away at me and I started crying in the car! I told him about it and he said he didn't notice, but would talk to her about it since it was making me upset. He said he really thinks it wouldn't have been on purpose, but I'm not convinced at all.

A few weeks ago, she was urging me to switch to formula; something I didn't want to hear really. I reckon she wants me to stop breastfeeding so that I'm not 'hogging' Harry, if you know what I mean? (He's very clingy at the moment - "We need to nip that in the bud!"). So that she can give him a bottle every now and then. Of course, it made me more determined to stick to breastfeeding, despite our problems!

Anyway, Alex hasn't spoken to her about it yet.

I totally agree that I would have felt the same. Like she wants to feed him for her benefit not what is best for you and Harry! Ughh! I don't believe young babys can be manipulate or crafty x

I hope Lily has an amazing party!

Lucky - I hope you can get some rest later :hugs:

bex - :hugs: MIL's can be a right pain in the bum :hugs:

I agree as well, she sounds like she is trying to put you down and is being completely selfish. :hugs: I hope Alex manages to speak to her x x x

Thank you girls. Alex thinks I'm being over-sensitive. :( I think he's going to talk to her in context - so, the next time she says anything, he'll talk to her. The only flaw there, however, is that he doesn't notice when she's doing it! I might have to give him a look if I feel she's interfering too much.

Ladies is the measles think in the uk as bad as they say at the mo, im a bit worried now as bringing lena over in july and she doesnt get her mmr until jan!:wacko:

It is across the UK but mainly Wales. I wouldnt worry.

Mrssw it sounds to me as if she is trying to make you stop bfing for her own satisfaction as well so she can sort of say 'i told you so'. I know its hard, but try and ignore her when she is having these digs, just smile and nod lol x

I really hope I don't do the "In my day..." thing to Harry and his bird when I'm a grandparent. Most of the things we're doing is based on up-to-date evidence and books, and I'm sure times will change in the next 20+ years!!

"Yes nan just pass me the whisky to stop teething pains" we just smile and nod at her now lol she has 8grandchildren and 8great grandchildren. You would think she knows no one listens to her lol.

MrsS I've had major problem with the inlaws undermining me and questioning my parenting. Tom doesn't notice it either and says he'll say something when it occurs but he doesn't notice and I think he'll bottle it so I'll look like the bad guy when I say something. Ugh.

The measles outbreak is mainly in Swansea where my parents live. I've visited a couple of times since the outbreak and just make sure I don't come into contact with anyone who's had it or knows people who's had it.

Tired today and feeling a bit blurgh.

OH has gone to watch the footy, he is really pissing me off!!!!! We have all our money in one account and he somehow thinks that he needs £100 to go and watch football?!?! He knows we dont have much cash at the mo! Selfish b*stard. And he said he wont be back till late (which probs means anytime after 10pm) leaving me to look after both kids all day on my own AGAIN. And now coz I pulled my face he said he wont stay out late but said it like he was trying to make me feel guilty for stopping im doing what he wants to do :mad:

Pisses me off because I have been saving bits of money to buy a new TV stand and a new sideboard and now he is just gunna blow £100 on a football ticket and alcohol!!!

My MIL is lovely, I couldn't ask for a better Nan for my kids. I am very lucky.

I dont have a mum though (we dont have contact anymore) so the kids only have one Nan.

:(
My oh is working till 1am boooooo im off out to a nct baby clothes and toys sale but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->