Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Glad blake is doing so well, Amazing news!

Lindy, hope it was labour for you! x

Congrats peachy and awww big brave boy you have kitty <3. Lena was just weighed and now over her birth weight 2525 grams now my lil piggy

Hi ladies, thought I'd come over.
Can't believe Ruby is a day and a half old already! I'm so love.
Anyone bottle feeding? Just wandered how much I should be giving? Ruby drinks so quickly! I wander if I'm starving her?

Congrats Peachy, sounds simular to mine... I was home 3.5 hours after birth eating chinese!

Ahh Kitty, Blake sounds amazing. Hope his jabs have gone ok.

How are you getting on Whisper? Your neighbours sound awful! Do they know you have a newborn?

Hello to the others, not read back as it's early hours... Can't work out If Ruby wants milk or her thumb? Pickle x

Jem i bottle fed Oscar and at a day and a half im pretty sure he was only on about 1oz every 3-4hrs :lol: Just offer whatever she wants, she will let you know when she has had enough!

I bottle fed and I used to make up 4oz bottles but I think they had about 2oz ever 2-3hours (I think?)

Anyone bottle feeding? Just wandered how much I should be giving? Ruby drinks so quickly! I wander if I'm starving her?

Congrats Peachy, sounds simular to mine... I was home 3.5 hours after birth eating chinese!

How are you getting on Whisper? Your neighbours sound awful! Do they know you have a newborn?

Hello to the others, not read back as it's early hours... Can't work out If Ruby wants milk or her thumb? Pickle x

not doing too bad just trying to settle into life with a baby , yeh they know but they dont care:shrug: rude people we find when lena wants the botle she does the birdy face lol thats all i can describe it as and tries to suck on everything! midwife at the hosp told us to put knuckle in her mouth and if she starts sucking then means shes hungry, shes on 60ml each time but have uped her to 70 now as she needs that lil bit extra

Hi jembug, we are bottle feeding Daniel, he started taking 2ozs every 3 hours then went up to 3ozs and we are now up to almost 4ozs. If u put either her hand or your finger in her mouth and she sucks on it then she is hungry. I was told to make larger bottles than needed and let him have what he wants so if he wants more then there is milk there for him! Hope this helps!

I've just ran out of the hospital bottles and now got the steriliser on... Are you using the powdered formula milk or the pre made stuff?
The hospital said to use the pre made stuff for six weeks... But I never did the last two babies. So now I'm feeling like I'm doing something wrong by giving powdered milk now instead of six weeks time!

And my milk has come in, boo hoo x

Ive never heard of using the pre made stuff? That's got to be proper expensive too

I have not heard that hun? I have the powder here too? The pre made stuff is pricy? X don't feel bad x

Thanks, it is very pricey! I got two small ones that may last for a day.. But it means if have to get up in the night to get it out the fridge and warm it up... Where if I use powdered I can just make the water up and add the powder as I go- room temp so no need to warm up during the night.

For us who have LO previous, seriously stock up in paracetamol! My after pains are horrid and it's day two for me. Hope you ladies don't suffer.

Ps, I'm in bed and laying on my front! Total heaven, missed this position!
Will you you ladies very soon :) x

Thanks, it is very pricey! I got two small ones that may last for a day.. But it means if have to get up in the night to get it out the fridge and warm it up... Where if I use powdered I can just make the water up and add the powder as I go- room temp so no need to warm up during the night.

For us who have LO previous, seriously stock up in paracetamol! My after pains are horrid and it's day two for me. Hope you ladies don't suffer.

Ps, I'm in bed and laying on my front! Total heaven, missed this position!
Will you you ladies very soon :) x

Jealous!!! :haha:

I am dreading afterpains :nope:

oh no! I'm dreading the pains this time as they were pretty unbearable after Jack. I can't lay on my front even when I'm not pregnant as I have huge boobies that get in the way :lol:

I cant wait to lay on front lol. My after pains were shocking after #2 absolutely dreading them. They were almost worst than contractions!
I will be using powder when I get back from hospital as like you say you can make them as and when. Don't feel bad. That's how I have always done it and will do it this time x worried I will forget to sterilise etc lol

Powder here too and just make up when needed have a flask of boiked water in the kitchen for night feeds so always right temp

I used pre made milk for the first week or so, it is easier but much more expensive! With the powdered milk we used to make the water up and then have these tubs that we would put in the right amount of powder and then add them together when needed and then Id shove the bottle in the bottle warmer whilst I changed his nappy and by the time I was done the milk was just right :haha:

Argh after pains, Im seriously dreading them :( Never felt them before. Im off to stock up on paradetemol today :thumbup:

I can't wait to lie on my back!!!

Bottle-feeding sounds complicated! I hope my boobies work ok coz breast-feeding sounds less stressful.

I used pre made milk for the first week or so, it is easier but much more expensive! With the powdered milk we used to make the water up and then have these tubs that we would put in the right amount of powder and then add them together when needed and then Id shove the bottle in the bottle warmer whilst I changed his nappy and by the time I was done the milk was just right :haha:

Argh after pains, Im seriously dreading them :( Never felt them before. Im off to stock up on paradetemol today :thumbup:
We use mam bottles and are really good for wind etc but not so good fir heating up as the holes in yhe bottom take on water really silly way to do it

Yea Ive always used the Mam bottles but the leaking is annoying :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->