• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Buys

Wytrease

Reaction score
When are you ladies planning to start buying things for your little one?

We already have our cot, car seats, and pushchairs, changing table, and a FEW items of clothes, going out next Monday after our scan to get some more, :):happydance:

I'm trying to avoid buying things until 12 weeks. I've i can hold out I might make my first purchase some neutral baby clothes and give the to dh for Christmas

We already have most of the big stuff from DD but we will need to get new matresses which we will probs leave until the last minute knowing us :haha: We will probably buy clothes once we know the gender but I am sure we won't be able to resist getting a few things after the 12 week scan :)

I'm going to buy something after my 12 week scan :)

I'm 11 weeks 2 days and I all unsure when I'm going to start buying we already have crib and mattress but that's all though

I don't think there's much I need for a baby.

I'll need to get my daughter a booster seat and sort out our car seat arrangements so baby fits in the car, but other than that I have everything I need. I'll probably buy some size one nappies with my monthly shop when I'm around 36 weeks. And we need to convince DS to sleep in a big boy bed so we can move the cot into our room and we'll need a new mattress for it.

So a short shopping list that we will probably get closer to the time.

Clothes wise I've already had one of each. All the baby clothes from me and my sisters live at my mums house so there should be plenty for each gender, more for boys. Once I get to 30+ I'll get them across and have a look and see if we need anything else.

I bought 2 little t shirts the other day 1 blue and 1 pink as i couldn't help myself!! Going to wait until 12 weeks and pick up a few more bits, I cannot stop looking at prams though!! Can't wait to buy that :happydance:

I haven't even started to look for anything but I guess that will change once I'm out of first trimester

2nd tri we will start buying x

After our 12 week my wallet opens and I go on a spree! I love sewing so most of my buys will be fabric and wool so I can make as much as possible. Will be waiting for the 20 week scan to get the fabric for the nursery. I'm thinking owls for a girl jungle theme for a boy.

I lost my first baby 4 months ago. back then I got loads of small things. This time I haven't even felt like looking yet. I will have lots of time after Christmas to go mad lol

I haven't even started looking. Honestly I regretted buying things on a whim during my last pregnancy before even knowing what his gender was. I would get so excited about great deals and then after he was born realized I didn't like what I had bought at all!

This will be my last baby so I'm waiting to find out the gender. If it's a boy, we have just about everything we need. If it's a girl I might go a little nuts buying more girly items. :haha:

I've bought nothing so far. However, knowing my mom, she probably couldn't resist. Her neighbor has a 1 year old, so she's giving me a bunch of stuff, I also have some friends who will give some stuff, and we have a fabulous consignment store catered from newborns to school age. I am really not into "everything has to be brand new". Besides a jumper that normally costs $10 is like $1. Babies grow so fast. I'll go check that out and see what they've got.

Trying very hard not to think about what the in laws will be buying. I know MIL went shopping for new knitting needles and pattern about 20. Mins after we told them and DHs gran asked him what the baby will want for Xmas the other day. I'll be about 20 weeks by Xmas so baby probably won't be all that interested in what pressies are beneath the tree LOL

i didn't start buying until 20 weeks....previous history proved buying early didn't bode well for me.

We have a crib given to us by a friend whose son used it for about a week before he out grew it :haha:

We have a few neutral clothes these are all bits a few friends have given us that they were going to give away and just thought we may as well have. Think we'll buy little bits dummies and clothes etc from 12 weeks, the big stuff I think we'll wait until 20 weeks just to feel safer about it xxx

DH and I went to Bermuda last week and bought a t-shirt and a Baby book :) that's all we have bought though. I think we are doing good so far lol

So far I've bought a cute blanket (really don't need this as have tons of wooly/fleecy/crocheted/popcorn blankets). That's all I'm buying for a while as I have all of the big purchases from my DS as well as first-sized clothes. We were team yellow first time and will be this time, so I'm saving my pennies to go mental after the birth if we have a girl! If we have a another boy I'll spend the money I've saved redecorating DS #1's room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->