Baby clothing

catty

Reaction score
So just a random question on baby clothes. today i took all the baby clothes i have out to count how many i have in each size.

Newborn/up to 1 month clothes i think i have plenty and it says up to 10lbs on most of them so assuming these could last roughly a month?

I have heapsss of clothes size 3-6 months and then a few bits for 6-9 months.

I dont seem to have very much for 0-3 months, not sure how i missed this size but this section is really lacking. i only have a few vests and a few outfits in this size, what would you recommend for this size as i can imagine they could be in this size for a few months?

lacking.

It really depends on the baby. Most of mine were straight into 0-3 with the odd thing in newborn fitting them at the same time, then they would start going into 3-6 at between 3-5 weeks old, then 6-9 at about 10-12 weeks and they would be outgrowing the 6-9 stuff by about 4 months-though not the trousers as all mine have had very short legs as babies. They tend to be just above average weight wise but very tall and stocky looking. Personally I would buy a couple of big multipacks of nice bodysuits that look like t-shirts in 0-3, about 6 babygrows and maybe a couple of pairs of jogging bottoms and a light to medium weight cardi or jacket. You really don't want to be left with a big wardrobe of clothes that never end up being worn. If your baby ends up being in 0-3 for longer then you could always buy some more cheap bits in the interim. Xx

I found a lot of people bought 0-3 for me as gifts. Iv not got much in newborn or 0-3 at the mo coz my DD was 8lb 8, and first size/newborn didnt last long but she did need it it that size for a few weeks as 0-3 was too big. I have a few sleep suits/vests in both sizes and will go shopping once she is here when I know how big she is and also what sort of weather we are getting. No point spending loads on gorgeous summer outfits if we have a summer like last year lol :)

DS got quite a lot of wear out of his 0-3 month clothes. He hardly fit any newborn clothing but I was expecting him to be on the larger size so hadn't bought too much. I think he was in 0-3 for about 3-4 months.

I bought a few newborns bits, not a lot, as I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl so I couldn't buy a lot!! Once LO was born, everyone bought 0-3 as gifts, the newborn stuff i bought was too big and OH had to go shopping for tiny baby stuff!! As it was she went into newborn stuff around 6-7 weeks, 0-3month around 3 months, 3-6 months at 5 months and 6-9months at 8 months! It really does depend on ur baby so as much as you want to get prepared, I'd hold fire to see what kind of size/shape baby you have, what gifts people buy you and what sex ur baby is and what the weather is like!

Plus, its kinda fun going shopping with ur brand spanking new baby and buying loads of bits and pieces :)

Xx

I got lots of 0-3 stuff as presents but tbh, with 1st daughter it was so difficult to plan as I thought I was having a big baby yet she was in newborn clothes at 3-4 months. I bought summer dresses in the sale aged 12-18 mths for the following year and she wore them when she was 2 1/2!

Thanks, varied response as i guess every baby is different. il buy a few packs of vests and that way it wont bother me if not worn much as so cheap, il leave the cute clothes for 3-6 and 6-9 :)

My baby was just in sleep suits for 0-3 size, not much point buying outfits as such, just for days out and visitors! I bought a couple of pairs of leggings and a cute jumper to wear over a vest. She was in newborn for a couple of weeks (weighed 7lb 4 at birth) and most of what she's worn since has been 0-3. We've just moved up to 3-6 now, she's 12 weeks old. Sleepsuits (with envelope sleeves are a must, saves you wasting time and money on scratch mitts) and vests with short and long sleeves will be fine. I found M&S, next, mamas and papas and boots the best quality and wash well without shrinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->