Baby estimated size

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
I use the word 'estimated' lightly as i know they can be very inaccurate.

This boy was measuring at 4lb 3oz at 28+3. Just wondering if any other ladies babies were estimated this(or close) and what they were at the birth? If you were early late or on time? Thanks x

Hi!! I measured 'small' at my last midwife appointment, she measures me at the same as the previous midwife 2 weeks before! This resulted in a growth scan on Friday, they said baby was measuring 6 days behind (I was 36+5) and they said around 5lb 11! My DS was 7lb 14 at birth born 41+6 so if he had been 'on time' would surely have been less, which I don't think is that small 😳 I don't know anymore, I just think it is all guess work and I will probably end up with a 8.5lb baby!! X x

I just had a scan at 29+4 where little girl weighed in at 2 lbs 10 oz. She's expected to be a little lower on birth weight, but they expect growth of about a half pound a week until delivery.

Scan i got weight from was a private one.

My 2nd girl was low 2lb at 27w. 9 days late was born 7lb 11oz
My 3rd girl was 3lb 3oz at 30w. 9 days late was 8lb 7oz.

I'd take it all with a grain of salt...my first was estimated to be over 8lbs, she was 6lbs 12 oz, doesn't sound like a big difference but when you're talking about such a small amount of weight, a lb or more is a huge difference :) anyhow I was measuring 4 weeks ahead for quite a while with this one and my last appointment I was measuring exactly where I should have been so keep in mind they can catch up/slow down too :)

I'd take it all with a grain of salt...my first was estimated to be over 8lbs, she was 6lbs 12 oz, doesn't sound like a big difference but when you're talking about such a small amount of weight, a lb or more is a huge difference :) anyhow I was measuring 4 weeks ahead for quite a while with this one and my last appointment I was measuring exactly where I should have been so keep in mind they can catch up/slow down too :)

Yeah your right there is that too.

My fundal height was 30cm at 28 but i dont really pay much attention as that was case with my 2nd she was the smallest.

I can not for the life of me remember exactly when off hand, but at 30 something weeks with my first she measured 8lbs something. She was born at 41 weeks at 10lbs1oz.. She was rather large due to gestational diabetes. I struggled with it. This time I was well prepared, and we will see where baby is soon. I have another anatomy scan coming up on October 5th, because at my prior one the technician could not get a few measurements and had trouble seeing her hear and everything.

I had a scan at 27 weeks with my last little
Boy they said he was about 2lb6.. He was born a week late at 9lb1!!

I had a scan at 32 weeks and was told they estimated my baby to be 5 pounds. My others have been quite small babies so I am not expecting a large baby but to me 5 pounds at 32 weeks seems big :wacko:

My son was only 5 pounds 8 when he was born at 36 weeks! and another of my children was only 6 pounds 1 born at 38 weeks. So either the scan is out OR I am about to break my size record with this little one!

I had a scan at 28+5 because I was measuring 32cm, they estimated baby to weigh 2lb 9oz

I had a scan at 32 weeks and was told they estimated my baby to be 5 pounds. My others have been quite small babies so I am not expecting a large baby but to me 5 pounds at 32 weeks seems big :wacko:

My son was only 5 pounds 8 when he was born at 36 weeks! and another of my children was only 6 pounds 1 born at 38 weeks. So either the scan is out OR I am about to break my size record with this little one!

Ill be watching out for your birth annoucement :p

I had a scan last week at 31+2 and baby was estimated to be 3lbs 13oz

This is my first and I'm nearly 37 weeks, I have had 2 growth scans during my pregnancy as they reckon she was to small and both times got told her size was fine she just a tad smaller than what they call average but what can you really call average when every baby different.

I went for a midwife appointment last week and now she gone above the average line so looking bigger so I'm excited to see what size she will be as when your told through you oregnancy she going to be a small baby and now suddenly she looking bigger than average it's confusing haha but at my last scan at 34 week she said it is an estimated guess on what they can go off by the scans she even said if I went for another scan that exact moment with a different women they would get different measurements than what she got so it is a bit crazy lol

I go for growth scans every other week due to gestational diabetes.

I was told that they are actually very accurate from about 28-32 weeks (within less than 10% error), but as you go further they are less and less accurate. For example, at 34 weeks I was told the accuracy is more like +/- 15%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->