Baby Hannah Is Here (Long)

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get everyone updated! :hugs: We just got home a few hours ago due to some complications.

As most know my waters broke and I had a bloody show about 2:15 my time on the morning of the 22nd (my due date). Wasn't have many contractions so the labor ward told me to get some rest and call back at 9 a.m. I was so nervous though that of course I didn't sleep (now wish I had). By 9 I was starting to get labor pains, called the hospital and they told me that since I wasn't having consistent contractions to stay home. By 11 the contractions had gotten stronger, we called one more time and were once again told to stay home and call back at 2. So at 2 p.m. I called and they said to go ahead and come in to get checked. So finally off we go to the hospital. Get there, they put me on the machines, time my contractions, see if my waters really have broken etc. and determine I'm only 1 1/2 centimeters dilated, so yep you guessed it.........sent back home. Got back about 4 and I was in tears because of the pain. Managed to stay home until almost 8 and told Stan I couldn't stand it any more so once more we go back to the hospital (me rather mad because I'd been sent home earlier). Get in, go through all the checks and yay I'm 3 centimeters now, they admit me to the hospital. By this time was having quite strong back pains with my contractions. By 10 I decided I had had enough and asked for an epidural. That was wonderful! Couldn't feel any pain and was actually able to get a bit of sleep. At 1 they came in and checked me (by this time my waters had been gone 23 hours) and I was still only 3 centimeters. They started me on a medication to help me dilate and come back at 6 a.m. to check me. I was finally 10 centimeters! :happydance: but Hannah was still extremely far up in my cervix :dohh: So they want to turn the epi down and hopefully get her to come down. Around 6:45 I started to feel sick to my stomach, but because of the epidural (they told me it could come out easily) I was scared to move..........yep you guessed it, threw up all over myself 4 times. Finally around 7 I'm feeling the urge to push and they let me start pushing. Pushed for two hours and made progress, but not enough, and I was getting tired. Also around this time the OB discovered that Hannah was transverse (which is why I hadn't made much progress). They turned her inside of me and that hurt! The doctors started talking about doing a c-section because my waters had gone so long ago. In the end they decided to let me rest for 30 minutes and try to push her out one last time. 20 minutes into my "break" (I had changed position so that I was on my side and was feeling the contractions more strongly) we called the nurse back in and told her that I needed to push. Pushed another 20 minutes (with one nurse telling me I wasn't doing a good enough job :() Finally the OB came in and said that she thought we could probably get a vacuum on Hannah but that if she didn't come out with the next three pushes I had to go in for the section, there were no other options. With the last bit of my energy I managed to push her out (turns out I ended up doing most of the work they said they didn't have to pull with the vacuum hardly at all). Anyways she came out weight 8 pounds, 10 ounces, 23 inches long. She never did fully engage (which is why I never felt any pains prior to going into labor) and she was transverse. All of which contributed to a very long drawn out labor for me. They placed her on my chest afterwards while they stitched me up but I was tired and shaking and after 10 minutes or so asked them to take her from me (wasn't sure I wouldn't drop her). Because my waters had broken 32 hours prior to me having her we had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours while waiting on results from blood tests (to make sure neither of us had an infection). She was worth every minute of it but I'm not sure I want to have another one any time soon :D. Sorry if this is incoherent, it's been a long long three days, but my princess is home and that's all that matters :)

Here are a few pics (unfortunately haven't had the time or energy to take many). Ignore the tired mommy look :lol:

Attachments

• tn_DSC04757.JPG
    tn_DSC04757.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 290
  • tn_DSC04775.JPG
    tn_DSC04775.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 208
  • tn_DSC04777.JPG
    tn_DSC04777.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 181
  • tn_DSC04793.JPG
    tn_DSC04793.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 308
  • tn_DSC04778.JPG
    tn_DSC04778.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 194
:hugs: Congrats Vickie! Im so happy that You and Hannah are both ok and home. Hannah is absolutly stunning!!!!!! Congrats :hugs:

Congratulations Vickie, she is gorgeous!! and you look great too :hugs:

Congratulations honey! She is absolutely beautiful!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug::hug::hug:

congratulations!!
she is a beauty !!!:hugs:

Congratulations! Welcome to mommyhood!:D

What a beautiful child!
Congratulations and best wishes for your little one!

Congrats Vickie!!!!!! She's gorgeous and you look great!

Congratulations! :wohoo: She is so beautiful!! :D

And you do not look like you have just had a baby :shock: ...you look great! x

congrats, shes beautiful xx

Oh my, she is gorgeous :)

Congratulations to you both gain, long labour but always worth it in the end :hugs:

Congratulations Vickie and Stan! Hannah is gorgeous xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->