Baby has hiccups 3-5 times a day.

Jcliff

Reaction score
Should I be worried? I have my OB appointment today, should I mention it to him? I notice baby gets hiccups when she wakes up from nap. Is this normal?
THANKS ALL

My little bean has the hiccups a lot too. I have an appointment on Thursday and was going to ask the same thing!

I told my OH, man, this is the most hiccuping baby ever. I don't remember any of my kids hiccuping this much. Geez!

My dd and this LO hiccup like crazy :) I don't think it's anything to worry about but if you want reassurance for your doc by all means ask away :)

My baby girl also hiccups a lot,
She's even doing it as I type this.. Haha,
How long do they usually last for you ladies?
Sometimes I notice they go for quite a while

My little one also hiccups a lot and I've been wondering whether I should mention it too.

Sometimes she gets them for about 20 mintues!

Our little man does too, usually about twice a day, never longer than 5 minutes or so at a time though. Everything is ok with him & I know this as I have had many ultrasounds & checks lately as he is still in breech. Am having an ecv tomorrow, so more checks on him & I am sure they would say something if there were a problem.

Our little man does too, usually about twice a day, never longer than 5 minutes or so at a time though. Everything is ok with him & I know this as I have had many ultrasounds & checks lately as he is still in breech. Am having an ecv tomorrow, so more checks on him & I am sure they would say something if there were a problem.

I was wondering where you feel the hiccups with your breech baby???

Baby boy gets the hiccups like 4x a day!! I asked the Dr. if it was normal and OK and she said it was and said something about the lungs being developed and him practicing breathing.

Hiccups are actually good. That is one thing they can look for on the BPP (if they don't see breathing). It helps to get their muscles ready for breathing.

Hey all! WELL, i spoke to my Ob today, and he said hiccups means a happy baby. Which made me feel better. He said hiccups means baby is drinking as supposed to, and trying to use his or her lungs which means when baby born, lungs will be strong. I had a quick US just to make sure all okay, and no cord around neck or anything! So, there ya go! Hope this helped some moms!

That's great! I must have a very happy baby as well :) My hiccups don't normally last more then a couple of minutes, but I feel them really low, so reassures me she is still pointed in the right direction!

Speaking of..............my little'n has them right now!

But I also feel mine low - and my girl is breech!

Sometime my baby will have them a few minutes, sometimes like 20 minutes. And usually lower because she is head down. But I feel her whole body twitch. Poor baby!

I have heard it can indicate reflux if it is really excessive. Not sure where I heard that but it was from a sound source, my eldest did have hiccups all the time and had quite severe reflux so in our case it was true. I am a bit concerned as this new baby seems to be the same and none of my other three hiccuped nearly as much as this xx

I was wondering where you feel the hiccups with your breech baby???

I can feel them from within & sometimes from the outside too if they are strong ones. I usually feel them towards the top right of my tummy ( which is where his head/upper torso usually is).

Hiccups are good! My lo likes to get them when she's on the nst machine :)

DS seemed to hiccup non-stop, and it continued after he was born!

My boy gets them at the same time every morning! About 6:30 when alarm goes off in the morning, poor thing probably gets a fright lol

Thanks for the update jcliff - my peanut hiccups around 3 times during the day and usually 3 times at night. Sometimes I wake up and baby is hiccuping... just this consistent tapping that often lasts for 7-10 mins! But I find baby's hiccups are much faster than when I have the hiccups... anyone else notice this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->