Baby head engaged at 34 weeks ?

Jcliff

Reaction score
Today at my ob apt I told my dr how I've been having constant pressure and feeling like I have to pee even while I'm peeling! We did a quick us and saw baby headdown and engaged already!!!? this doesn't meant anything right? No need to worry??

No, it doesn't indicate anything. You can have an engaged baby for weeks (same with cervical dialation, losing bits of mucous plus, thinning out, etc) and still go overdue. It can work the other way around too. You have no signs and BAM! you go early. It is all a guessing game. and with this being your first it's not uncommon at all to experience the baby dropping up to 10 weeks before delivery.

For personal experience: with DS1, he was engaged and i was 1-2CM dialated and 50% effaced by 34 weeks. I didn't give birth until 41+5.

DS2- popped in and out and never fully engaged until labor. I gave birth early at 38+3.

:hugs:

as long as you arn't contracting regularly, really its all just a guessing game. I wouldn't worry :hugs:

Yep nothing to worry about, i was engaged at 32 weeks with my little girl, and she was 10 days overdue, after a whole week of contractions!

Yep. No need to worry. My first engaged at 35 weeks and was born at 38w3d. My second engaged fully at 32 weeks and is still in there. ;)

My bubba girl was fully engaged at 33 weeks 2 days and has been ever since...I am still here....hoping she will arrive soon though.

Been engaged since 31 weeksish...

He's still in there :)

My scan lady said that a scan can show baby is head down but not if its fully engaged, that can only be done by feeling how low into the pelvis baby is

My LO has been engaged since 30 weeks but he seems to have poped back out now lol xx

My scan lady said that a scan can show baby is head down but not if its fully engaged, that can only be done by feeling how low into the pelvis baby is

I was checked

Baby is 2/5 engaged for me, but he keeps popping in and out, nothing to worry about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->