Baby Hitting Head :(

BlackBerry25

Helena & Elliot <3
Reaction score
So I am pretty much furious right now, and it has been like 8 hours since this has happened but I am getting more and more mad as the night goes on. :growlmad:

I was at a friends house today (used to be my best friend but she is one of the most boring people on the planet now...she only lets her kids colour with plain old grey pencils and they can't play with toys...but I will save that story for another day) and she was serving me a very boring lunch (A HALF A GRILLED CHEESE when she invited me over for lunch!) when her 3 1/2 year old Alex wanted to go play with Helena. I said finish your lunch first, which her mom should have said, but anyways...

My friend says go ahead for one minute you can look at Helena but do not touch her. Her kid FRIGGING PICKS UP MY BABY AND THROWS HER INTO A BAR STOOL. :sad2::sad2: Helena was just laying on the carpet trying to do her crawling thing and this monster of a child did this!!! Helena was screaming so hard and my friend didn't even care. Helena got a huge bump on her head and it bruised and this bitch didn't even offer me ice or apologize, she went and hugged her kid when she started crying because I glared at her.

I know it is a little kid, but cmon now, you don't hug them when they pick up a baby and throw her into a bar stool.

Anyways, it is like I said 8 hours later, Helena is tucked into bed and seemed fine the rest of the day besides this goose egg popping out of her side of her forehead.

Is there anything I should be doing? My mom said that if she is her usual self she is probably fine. She seems a bit more fussy so I gave her some tylenol.

:hissy: I am never going to this house again. Her other kid also sat on Helena's back and tried to go for a ride on my little baby! :hissy:

Also, how do I say to my "friend" that I do not feel comfortable having her kids around Helena? Do I just say that? Has anyone else been through something similar?

:shock: I would just tell her that I don't trust her kids around my baby, and that she should learn to discipline her kids. :hug:

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

oh hun wat a little BRAT!!!!!

im sorry you had to o through that! i would advise that when a lump comes out like an egg its usually a good sign!!! if the lump doesnt appear it can go inwards and that can not be too good!!! so at least its come out! i hope she is ok soon! xxxxx:hugs:

oh and yeah i would tell her that she needs discipline for her kids, i wouldnt bother going round again. your baby doesnt need to be around bratty kids it will only teach her the same as well as hurt her in the process!!!!

im sorry you had to o through that! i would advise that when a lump comes out like an egg its usually a good sign!!! if the lump doesnt appear it can go inwards and that can not be too good!!! so at least its come out! i hope she is ok soon! xxxxx:hugs:

Yeah thats what my mom said, so I guess she should be alright :) My poor little munchkin. Last time this same little girl went into my dishwasher and took out a knife and her mom did not take it away, and she threw H's bouncer and almost hit Helena in the head that time too!

:shock: OMG, That is horrible! Your poor baby girl! A 3 and a half year old should certainly know know better, I mean jeeze! That little girl is not too young to understand that hurting others is wrong. Just tell your friend the truth, that you aren't going put your baby at risk, especially since she doesn't see anything wrong with her child hurting a baby.

As for the bump, just continue to ice it, and check for signs of a concussion (call the doctor if they have these signs): loss of consciousness, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, vomiting, irritability, drainage, clear or bloody, from his nose, mouth, or ears.
Also watch for these signs over the next day or two, and take your baby to the doctor if your baby: Is vomiting (It's okay to have a bout of vomiting after a fall, but it shouldn't persist), Seems unusually sleepy during the day or can't be awakened at night (Try waking your baby a couple of times the first night after his fall, just to make sure you can), Seems weak or confused, or seems to have problems with coordination, vision, or verbal communication (harder to notice but try)
Got this info off of: https://www.babycenter.com/0_head-injury-concussion_11257.bc

Oh and forgot to add that I hope Helena feels better soon! :hugs:

OMG! :shock:
I cannot even imagine someone doing that so dont know what I would have done in the situation. But I def would have had ALOT of not so nice words with the mother!!!

Hope little Helena will be fine!

OMG I would have screamed. I can't believe parents like that. Hope ur little girl is feeling better and the goose egg goes down. :hug:

Thats awful and a 3 1/5 year old absolutely knows better!

What a rat!

I think me in that situation would have done the 'inappropriate' thing and told off the 3 year old... if her mum doesn't do it, if a 2 + year old intentionally hurt Jasper I'd be using my angry teacher voice on them! I've got a few years of training in the 'angry teacher voice'. I can be scary... without even raising my voice... its great!

Although, I doubt I'd ever be invited overfor lunch again!

Not that you'd want to!

I hope Helena is okay and not to upset by it all!

:hug: for both of you!

I wonder what makes older children want to hurt babies, it seems so twisted to me.

I just remembered I had about a 3-4 year old sitting next to me on the train with Jasper on my lap and she started patting his hand, which I thought was fine. Her mum told her not to but I guess because I was okay, she kept holding his hand... and then her face went really angry and she grabbed his hand and started twisting it! I jumped right back with Jasper and her mum didn't see what happened, but she saw my reaction and she grabbed her daughter back and held her away from Jasper and told her off, not to touch babies etc.

She didn't managed to hurt him, but she really did appear to be intensially trying to - he was only about 7 weeks old at the time - I cant imagine what would be going through the childs mind to think that would be an okay thing to do - particularly when her mum was being very responsive and did her best to disipline her child... as much as you can while on a crowded bus.

I guess some people grow up to be murders and abusers.... its gotta start somewhere! (I hate to think that about any child, but seriously, that little girl scared me!)

I am so sorry hun, hope the little woman feels better soon. :hug: I cant give any advice as I was in the same situation myself a few months back and I still havent sorted it:blush: but the thought of my little man getting hurt turns my stomach every day. :hugs:

OMG, I would have been furious!! I'd definitely been speaking to her! She obviously thinks it's ok for her LO to treat others like that. It needs to be stopped now.
I'm glad Helena is relatively ok. Big :hug: for the both of you x x

Wow, that is shocking

I agree, you really need to say something to this "friend" as she really needs to know that it is unacceptable behavior.

Would you really be that upset if she didnt speak to you again?

Hope Helena is ok
:hug:

:shock:

Ummm yeah. I'd tell your friend to get her brats of kids under control and that you aren't coming near them with Helena anymore!! Wow. I think thats one of those cases where they think their kids are angels.

I totally agree with you! That is sooooo wrong! She should have gotten her kid in big shit. At 3.5 years she would totally understand how it was wrong.

:shock:

I'm of the opinion that even though toddlers do know better, they are certainly unpredictable and need constant supervision around children. Not to mention, if they do happen to do something that is wrong, my first reaction wouldn't be to hug them to make sure they "feel okay".

Truthfully I think the Mom is the problem here, not the toddler. The toddler doesn't know right from wrong, and is totally dependant on their parents to teach them. Clearly this woman shouldn't have been allowed to reproduce. Argh.

I would definitely cut out the play-dates with this woman! Although I'm sure you've already thought of that!

:hugs: It would have taken all my self-control to not say something to her. If you hurt my baby, prepare for Momma Bear to be unleashed! (At the Mom, that is ;) )

:growlmad: i would have gone absolutely ballistic! how dare her brat of a child touch your baby when it was told not to, and how dare she act like nothing happened????
to be honest hun, i dont think anyone would blame you for never EVER going anywhere near this "friend" or her children again!!
hope Helena's ok hun :hugs::hugs: x

omg hun this is terrible , i would be the same i have to watch my little man like a hawk when little ones come round as my friend has a 2 yr old & so does my sister , my niece tried to lift him out his bouncer the once , but the 3 & half yr old should know better but if your friend isn,t teaching this child disapline how is she surposed to know right from wrong , i would tell your friend that i think you need to tell your child when she is doing wrong as if she don,t then god knows how this child will grow up . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->