Baby Kate is here :).... Fast!

Discussion in 'Birth Stories & Announcements' started by Toms Mummy, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Toms Mummy

Toms Mummy Guest

Not much of a birth story really :wacko: I'd been having constant, regular BH for weeks which turned in to cramping ones every now and again. My midwife told me at 34 weeks to pack my bags as I might go early like my son who was born at 36 weeks..... Well after weeks of waiting and cramping, she didn't show up until 38+3 weeks. Which I'm very pleased about, that she wasn't earlier as it meant we could go home after 6hrs :)

I had had no cramping or BH the day before Kate was born so wasn't really expecting much to happen, but at 2am that night I got up as I thought I'd wet myself. Turned out it was my waters! About a cupful just sorta gushed out and then nothing!.... 15 mins later my contractions started, they were only slight but were every 5mins. I decided to call labour ward, I told them I could still talk through them and they weren't that bad so they said just come in when I feel ready.

So at about 2:45ish I called my friend who was to come over and look after our son, and I got a shower. My friend turned up at 3:15ish. My pains were getting stronger now but still 5mins apart, so we left for hosp.

Got to hosp at 3:30, had 4 contractions just from car to L&D... they were intense! I told the midwife that I think I'd left it too late to come in! The got me in to a room, took my trousers off and climbed on the bed and said I wanted to push. The cut my pants off me as there was no way I was moving and told me to push when ready!..... It took me about 20mins with gas & air to push her out (about the same time as my son but he was 2lb smaller). Out popped Kate at 4:05am :) Weighing a hefty 8lb3oz so pretty glad she was a couple weeks early!

I had a superficial tear all the way down so needed stitches but that was it really :)

I will post a pic in a bit :)

2. DebbieF

DebbieF Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :)

3. Mummy Bean

Mummy Bean Parker & Dougs Mum

wow super swift. Massive congrats. xx

4. bluebell

bluebell Proud Mummy :)

Oh wow, nice birth story :D Congratulations on the arrival of baby Kate, what a lovely name :D Looking forward to seeing pics of your new addition!!

xx

5. embeth

embeth Mum to 4 perfect children

Congratulations xxx

6. Wilsey

Wilsey Mummy of two!

Congrats :)

7. Toms Mummy

Toms Mummy Guest

Thanks everyone! We are dong really well.Big brother Tom is in love :)

Attached Files:

8. Raggydoll

Raggydoll Well-Known Member

Wow, that was quick.

Congratulations, she's beautiful. I love her name. :flower:

9. Tower6

Tower6 Pregnant 1st tri- baby #4

What a way to luck out on a great birth!! I feel bigger babies r easier to deliver, at lease that was my experiences. So happy you are all doing well, isn't sibiling bond amazing!! I loved following ur bump pics and so happy u shared ur story :)
    Congrats

10. Toms Mummy

Toms Mummy Guest

Thank you tower! This birth was definitely easier but alto more intense than last time! The contractions weren't as painful but they were just one on top of the other! Glad they didn't last long! X

11. Congratulations

12. BubsMom17

BubsMom17 Officially Expecting #2!

Hi there! Congrats on your little lady! She is beautiful!!! <3

13. rosie272

rosie272 mum to charlie finn

Congratulations! She's beautiful :flow:

14. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Lovely birth story, congrats hun, she's beautiful xx

15. +tivethoughts

+tivethoughts Mummy to two little men