Baby Kate is here :).... Fast!

T

Toms Mummy

Not much of a birth story really :wacko: I'd been having constant, regular BH for weeks which turned in to cramping ones every now and again. My midwife told me at 34 weeks to pack my bags as I might go early like my son who was born at 36 weeks..... Well after weeks of waiting and cramping, she didn't show up until 38+3 weeks. Which I'm very pleased about, that she wasn't earlier as it meant we could go home after 6hrs :)

I had had no cramping or BH the day before Kate was born so wasn't really expecting much to happen, but at 2am that night I got up as I thought I'd wet myself. Turned out it was my waters! About a cupful just sorta gushed out and then nothing!.... 15 mins later my contractions started, they were only slight but were every 5mins. I decided to call labour ward, I told them I could still talk through them and they weren't that bad so they said just come in when I feel ready.

So at about 2:45ish I called my friend who was to come over and look after our son, and I got a shower. My friend turned up at 3:15ish. My pains were getting stronger now but still 5mins apart, so we left for hosp.

Got to hosp at 3:30, had 4 contractions just from car to L&D... they were intense! I told the midwife that I think I'd left it too late to come in! The got me in to a room, took my trousers off and climbed on the bed and said I wanted to push. The cut my pants off me as there was no way I was moving and told me to push when ready!..... It took me about 20mins with gas & air to push her out (about the same time as my son but he was 2lb smaller). Out popped Kate at 4:05am :) Weighing a hefty 8lb3oz so pretty glad she was a couple weeks early!

I had a superficial tear all the way down so needed stitches but that was it really :)

I will post a pic in a bit :)

Oh wow, nice birth story :D Congratulations on the arrival of baby Kate, what a lovely name :D Looking forward to seeing pics of your new addition!!

xx

Thanks everyone! We are dong really well.Big brother Tom is in love :)

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 24
Wow, that was quick.

Congratulations, she's beautiful. I love her name. :flower:

What a way to luck out on a great birth!! I feel bigger babies r easier to deliver, at lease that was my experiences. So happy you are all doing well, isn't sibiling bond amazing!! I loved following ur bump pics and so happy u shared ur story :)
Congrats

Thank you tower! This birth was definitely easier but alto more intense than last time! The contractions weren't as painful but they were just one on top of the other! Glad they didn't last long! X

Hi there! Congrats on your little lady! She is beautiful!!! <3

Lovely birth story, congrats hun, she's beautiful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"