Baby measuring behind :(

I wouldn't be too concerned, when I had my early scan the sonographer said they don't date pregnancies less than 8 weeks as it's highly inaccurate.

With my last pregnancy I had a scan at 7+2 and measured 6+2. I knew my dates couldn't of been that far off but by time I had my 12 week scan I had caught back up and was only 1 day behind.

The earlier you are the less accurate dating can be. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

I have heard that a lot :) I guess that's why the usually like you to be around 8 weeks for your dating scan!

Thanks everyone for the replies! I love reading all the positive stories, keep them coming!

Pretty sure my first LO was about 6 days behind at the 12 weeks scan. It didn't occur to me to worry at the time... By the 20 week scan he was nearly a week ahead. Babies grow at different rates, the averages they use in scans are just that - average. Some will be bigger, some will be smaller, it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.

I hope everything goes okay for you, sorry for your previous loss.

Ok so through some more googling I have found something to make me feel better. The baby measured between 3-4mm (highest measurement was 4mm and lowest 3.2mm) which they said corresponded with a 5w5-6d pregnancy. I found this study which they did with IVF pregnancies so they knew exactly how far along the embryos were and they measured the crls between 6-9w gestation. They found that..." We conclude that commonly used ultrasound reference charts have inaccuracies. We have generated a CRL reference chart based on true gestational age in an IVF cohort that can accurately determine gestational age at 6–9 weeks of gestation." And they came up with the following chart https://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2012/938583/tab4/

In this chart my baby would be measuring 6w3d which is perfect. My dd2 who was put 4 days behind would also have measured perfectly according to my dates.

I am still worried though because I don't have many symptoms whereas I was really sick with my girls so I went to the GP today and asked for a repeat scan and hcg levels. He made it very clear that he thought I was being a paranoid lunatic and that he thought everything was fine, and I made it clear that I was fully aware of that. So I had hcg taken today and will have some more taken on friday. Then a repeat scan next week!

According to that chart I'm still behind at 6w6d rather than the 7w2d.

First, I do not think you are a lunatic! lol

With both of my sons, I measured 1-2 days behind on my early dating scan (and I was certain of the O date both times). This pregnancy I measured 5-6 days behind, so I was a little paranoid for sure! I wasn't super sure of my O date, though. But I had two scans a week a part (one in the doc's office and one was the official dating scan at the lab) and baby measured exactly one week bigger at the second scan. :) Phew!

So I think it's great that you are going for a repeat scan so you can see baby growing right on track! :flower:

I had a tansvaginal scan yesterday and was measured 8+4 days instead of the 9+6 that i thought i was. That is 9 days behind but i am not worried because i just dont know when implantation took place.

Wow it's so great to hear so many people that have been through the same with a good outcome!

Buffy were you tracking ovulation though? I'm not going by my LMP date or it would be even more off as I o'd on cd 16 and not cd 14.

I o'd on day 14 - I'm always spot on with it. I just don't know when I implanted though. I was testing from 8dpo and didn't get my BFP until 15dpo.

my sonographer told me her baby girl was always measuring a week behind but her baby was born 7 pounds and some ounces and that she came right at her due date. So the possibility of a good outcome has a good chance too

I'm still convinced they might have measured slightly off. My baby had a heart rate of 134bpm which is more like a baby that is 7 weeks along.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the measurements are off too. If I was 5w5d there likely wouldnt have been a bean to see with a hb of 124 . I'm still not feeling sick though, apart from very mild queasiness every now and then, so still worried. I get my hcg back today, hoping that will put my mind at ease and not just give me something else to stress over!

Hopefully all comes back well :) I'm sure it will!

It didn't, the hcg is 6000. It was 900 over 2 weeks ago so this pregnancy isn't going anywhere. So sad :(

What's wrong with 6000 hcg? That seems good for early on?

It was 900 over two weeks ago and it's meant to double every two days. I kind of expected it because I was so sick in my healthy pregnancies, and at the same point my hcg was 90,000. In my mc it was 7000 with a baby measuring behind, so it's history repeating itself. I just don't know why this keeps happening to me...

Hmmm. If that's the case I'm truly sorry. Hugs. I've never had repeat hcg but I always Google my first number and mine was 7390 or something. Doesn't seem far off from yours. My ultrasound was also a week behind. I guess I will find out if my Lil one holding on next ultrasound. Try and stay positive. I only feel there may be hope because the range for hcg is so broad in the 1st tri...I'm mean literally I may have 7000 and another woman same stage like 25000

I'm still not ruling you out yet. I agree with tryn4 that it doesn't seem that low?!

Have they decided what your next step is? Are you doing another repeat HCG or a scan or anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->