Baby measuring small

lyssa615

Reaction score
Has anyone had an experience where the baby is measuring small and everything turned out ok? I should be 8 weeks now according to my last period (I took an ovulation test) but I am measuring 6 weeks. At my last appt they did see a heartbeat. I don't think they heard it because MY heart was pounding so hard because I was nervous.

I really haven't had this experience per say. At my ultrasound at 9 +2 weeks my doctor told me that baby was only measuring 8 weeks and that she couldn't find a hb and that things just looked "bad."

Then she turned around 2 minutes later and said....Oh wait....there's the hb......lets measure again.....oh everything is just perfect. She said that she must have had a bad angle or scar tissue from my previous C-sections were blocking the baby!

So it's certainly possible that baby could measure a bit off......2 weeks is a bit off but if they saw a HB.....that's a good sign! Good Luck to you!!!!

This also happened to me. I have very irregular cycles and according to the standard "formula" I would be 2.5 weeks further along than things are measuring. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as things are growing and appear healthy, take their updated due date and know that the baby will come whenever it comes.

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy :)

Iv had the same thing today! im ment to be 8 weeks but im only 6! but theres a strong heartbeat so im trying to relax and enjoy! i think it just means i ov late as i have long cycles! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->