Baby Megan Ingham...21st March 2009. LONG

Deb_baby

Megan Mummy & NTNP
Reaction score
Was due on March 15th originally and was getting very impatient. Had an appointment with my consultant on Friday the 20th at 10am, had been up since about half 7 getting regular pains every few minutes and they were only lasting about 40 seconds at this point, by the time i got to the hospital to see my consultant i mentioned i was having pains and the nurse thought it was just braxton hicks again so she did a check and said i was 2 cm dilated but m cervix was still quite thick...i got the decision to go and wait up on labour ward or go home i chose to go home as id be more comfortable, but, just asi was leaving i was handed a leaflet explaing i'd been booked in for an induction the follwing Friday (27th) incase nothing happened....(WTF??)

so got home had a subway for lunch and pain were getting a bit stronger by about 3, so i phoned up labour ward and they asked me to go in later on as they were rushed off their feet at that point, contractions coming every 4-6 minutes...sent OH to go get the lottery and a few scratchcards for me (won over £100 on scratchcards :happydance:) so that cheered me up for a while LOL.

Went up to hospital for half 6, stayed there for about 3 hours they checked my heartbeat and babys heartbeat, didnt do a full check or anything, and the nurse said i couldnt be in labour yet as i was too happy so i got sent back home again.

About an hour later contractions coming every 3 minutes last a minute and over. was lying bent over the bed crying as it was so sore, so OH phoned the hospital back up and they said to go back in, so off we went for another trip to hospital got checked internally this time and was still on 2cm, absolutely gutted at this point and so tired so they said i could go home and sleep. back home yet again :hissy:

OH went to bed when we got back from hospital and i tried to ended up bent over the toilet/bath/sofa and even ended up biting the cushions it was getting far too painful so i foned them up myself and asked if i could come get something more for the pain relief they agreed, so rang up a taxi, got bags ready and woke up OH, got to hospital was only 3cm dilated now and it was 3AM, had some gas and air but it did nothing, after 45 minutes i was given the pethidine and moved to delivery suite, was sat on edge of bed screaming at OH as he just sat there looking at me ( i think he was quite scared) ten minutes after getting the pethidine i was telling my midwife i really needed to push and she was telling me i was ready and OH was telling me to breath, this point whenever a contraction came now i had to push it was all that was helping the pain.

Next thing i knew i was being given oxygen as i had sooked in too much gas and didnt breath out and babys heart rate dropped to 66, so in came 3 more midwifes and was told i was fully dilated so i could push but they used a suction cup for the last 3 pushes and out came baby MEGAN all 8lbs 12oz of her at 4.34am, so worth it all.

Got told by the midwifes i did what most women in labour do and grabbed my OH and told him this would be the only child he gets out of me :rofl:

she wasnt feeding verywell to start off with but is now a little porky.

Sorr its soo long thought i'd try get in all the details. Thanks to SERINA27 for updating everyone for me, and thanks to my other text buddies and March Mummys buddys.

Attachments

• n726106083_2678023_5260544.jpg
    n726106083_2678023_5260544.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 100
Congrats she is beautiful x

Awww Congrats she is gorgeous Deb xxx

Congratulations :happydance: all the best for the future :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congratulations shes gorgeous xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"