Baby Mine

kalyrra

Reaction score
Starting a thread for me and my bump buddies!!! Super excited to be on our journey, girlies! :baby:

Lovely! I feel like this is all going SO fast...this morning I was thinking it was an evap, and now I'm in a bump buddy thread.

How COOL is this?? Still cautious though...my first pregnancy, you never know what'll happen...although here's hoping. :)

Lovely! I feel like this is all going SO fast...this morning I was thinking it was an evap, and now I'm in a bump buddy thread.

How COOL is this?? Still cautious though...my first pregnancy, you never know what'll happen...although here's hoping. :)

I know what you mean! I'm only 4 wks 3 days... so until I get past that 12 weeks mark, I'll be nervous as all get out! The first couple days I was completely paranoid. It gets better, I promise!! Especially once the dr.confirms it for you.

Is this your first?

Yep, the first. It's hard to get my mind around (especially since my mind hasn't gotten past the fact that I'm no longer 21, haha).

So many things to think about...I was halfway through a Diet Coke when I took the test. I sat back down and was sipping it, and then thought...wait...should I not be drinking this??

Yep, the first. It's hard to get my mind around (especially since my mind hasn't gotten past the fact that I'm no longer 21, haha).

So many things to think about...I was halfway through a Diet Coke when I took the test. I sat back down and was sipping it, and then thought...wait...should I not be drinking this??

I know what you mean! I can't wait until I get my information from my OB/GYN about what I can and cannot have. Until then, I'm going to be analyzing every little thing that goes in my mouth. I went completely off caffeine. I've read a lot of places that say don't exceed 300 mg, some say 200 mg. All pretty much say no more than 100 per sitting. I decided I can give it up for awhile. I don't want to take that chance, you know?

And apparently Advil is a no-no. Tylenol only. *sigh* So much to learn! We can do this!

So I told the hubby last night...I was really nervous about what he was going to say and how he was going to react. I don't know why - I guess just because we weren't really TRYING, we were just not preventing.

Anyway...his reaction was more than I could have hoped for, and it made me fall for him all over again. He thought I was kidding at first, and then finally he said, "Aren't you happy about this? Because I'm actually really excited...but I'm worried you're not."

I couldn't help but shed a tear. :)

So are you ladies telling people right away, or waiting until like 14 weeks or so? I don't believe in jinxes, but I'm still too nervous to go blurting the news out when stuff could still happen. :(

Hi!

I was going to do this, and then didn't get round to it!

8 weeks down today, argh! You're right Emmy it does seem to be going rather quickly!

We are waiting until after scans to tell the wider world, but both sets of grandparents know :) I'm actually dying to tell my sister in law as she had a LO about 6 weeks ago and will be really excited about a little cousin very close in age.

My appetite is coming and going at the moment - I was really hungry yesterday afternoon but when it came to dinner later I just didn't want it at all. Strange things these hormones aren't they!!

Has it properly sunk in for you yet? I think I'm just about starting to get my head around it - though got a little freaked out the other night when I had about half an hour of strong cramps that even made my face scrunch up in pain. Dan asked if I wanted to go to A&E, but it went away again and hasn't really come back so trying to relax... I think it might have been trapped wind or something! :haha:

Hope you have a good day ladies!

Emmy, we're telling our families tomorrow, but I'm keeping it quiet on a grander scale until I'm further along. I'd like to get to at least 12 weeks along or so, but we'll see how long it takes before someone says something. I'm going to tell my family to keep it hush hush... but they all have facebook, and I'm kinda worried someone's going to slip and say something to someone.

Red - I know what you mean about the appetite... it comes and goes. Yesterday, I felt like I couldn't stop eating in the morning!! This morning... I had a bowl of cereal. Now I have heartburn and I'm a little bit queasy, so food is not in my mind at all.

I had some cramping about 1 a.m. that woke me up... I wasn't sure if I should be concerned about it or not. It was a bit strong, but about the same as my initial cramps when I first tested. So far, no spotting of any kind though!

Haha, so far the only symptoms I've had are sore boobs and fatigue/dizzyness. The appetite thing is coming, I'm sure.

I think cramping is normal, unless it's so bad that it feels like your worst menstrual cramps. I have some constant, mild cramping, which I also think is normal - or at least, I hope so!

I took another test with FMU today - still positive, but still light. I wonder if I should be concerned if I don't see the line coming up darker? Sometimes I think the internet poisons us - every little thing, and we're all up in arms.

I'd just really be disappointed if this was a chemical, you know? :( But I know it can happen, especially if one has never been pregnant before. Don't meant to be negative...just talking it out, talking it out. :)

Haha, so far the only symptoms I've had are sore boobs and fatigue/dizzyness. The appetite thing is coming, I'm sure.

I think cramping is normal, unless it's so bad that it feels like your worst menstrual cramps. I have some constant, mild cramping, which I also think is normal - or at least, I hope so!

I took another test with FMU today - still positive, but still light. I wonder if I should be concerned if I don't see the line coming up darker? Sometimes I think the internet poisons us - every little thing, and we're all up in arms.

I'd just really be disappointed if this was a chemical, you know? :( But I know it can happen, especially if one has never been pregnant before. Don't meant to be negative...just talking it out, talking it out. :)

You should see it get darker over the next few days. Sometimes it takes a bit for the HCG to double up, and it depends on the sensitivity of the test as well. Make a dr. appointment to get it confirmed, they may want to do some blood tests for you.

And yes, you're totally right about the internet!! I've gone from completely happy & excited to absolutely paranoid & concerned, and back again! LOL

Thanks...I waited a couple hours (I was up at 4am, I couldn't sleep - wonder why, haha) and took one more...it's darker than the one was with FMU. And then the digital said 'not pregnant', but not too concerned - I've heard digitals aren't that sensitive.

In the end, I'm going to stop peeing on sticks and just go to the doctor...less money that way, too!!

I bought some prenatal vitamins too, and have started taking those. And you know how hard it was to watch my husband drink the wine we bought a few days ago with the idea of splitting it over a salmon dinner?? Geez! ;)

But we should all be really happy. I still can't believe it. What were your reactions when you got your first BFP??

Haha... my reactions: I was completely flabbergasted. I've been getting BFN's for so long now, the BFP was hard to believe!! I got kinda teary-eyed. Then I was laughing, did a little excited dance. I was so excited I didn't know what to do... I kept running in and out of the bathroom and looking at the test expecting it to suddenly be negative.

Hubby was watching tv. I came down and stood behind him with the test, then went back upstairs... then back down behind him. I must have done this about 10 times before I finally just showed him. I couldn't decide if I wanted to surprise him, or just tell him. In the end, my impatience won out. :haha:

I was super excited until the next morning when I realized I couldn't have my caffeine. The next few days were hard with the caffeine withdrawals, especially since I was on midnight shift. But I'm back to being excited about it now. Exceptionally nervous.. but excited. Still miss my coffee though. :cry:

I went completely white and was shaking like a leaf when I found out! I did a test really to get it out of my system - i was so sure that it was going to be negative like all the ones before.

Dan said that it was like someone was using a really quiet pneumatic drill downstairs I was shaking so much!

I'm not sure on the vitamins thing - I'm taking Folic Acid and Iron but other than that trying, where I can, to eat veg and fruit etc. I see the midwife for my booking appointment on Tuesday so I'll see what she says.

Oh and Emmy - stop taking those tests... seriously, all they'll do is worry you. What will be will be now, relax and enjoy :)

I just did some exercise and feel loads better for it. Nothing mental (considering I used to row semi pro and lived in the gym), just half an hour quick walking on the treadmill with various degrees of incline added.

Think I'm going to try and keep it up most days... also thinking about finding a pilates class that caters for pregnancy - strength can only help :)

You guys got any plans for that kind of thing?

Redhead, I hadn't even thought about it - I actually have no clue what is allowed and what isn't. I'd kinda be afraid at this point that I'd somehow shake it out...HA! But I have my first doc's appointment tomorrow morning - I'm sure I'll get the list of do's and don't's!

Actually, my reaction, in retrospect, was anticlimactic when I first looked at the stick...maybe because I was home alone, and also because I didn't really believe it. I'd freaked myself out so many times reading about evaps, false results if read after a certain elapsed time, etc that I was kind of like...well, I see a line, but who knows what that's about!

It wasn't until I came on here, read the opinions and THEN retested later in the day and got a true positive that I really started to believe (and freak out)!

I've still been very zen about it. I fear the explosion is still pending. ;)

I'm prone to forgetting stuff so writing it down when I see it...

I've just seen the best little baby grow...

https://www.littlefunkykid.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=199

It'll go nicely with the hoodie I had Dan made for Christmas last year. Long story short he went to prison for 3 months (of a 12 month sentence) in 2007 for Dangerous Driving... I had a University style hoodie done that matches my "Magdalen College" one with a badge embroidered on the left front. Now he can have little baba doing more time than him!!

He'll see the funny side, he's not precious :)

That's super cute, Red! I like it!

As far as exercise, I've been thinking about getting some pregnancy targeted dvd's... I also have a treadclimber I need to get back on. lol Especially since I've already put 2 lbs on in the last 2 weeks! My job has me sitting at a desk for 12 hrs a day with little to no movement at all. So I do need to find some form of exercise.

I might have known they'd have pregnancy-targeted DVDs!! They think of everything. ;)

So here's an odd thought I just had - about a week ago (before I knew I was preggo - I had taken a test, and it was negative, so I must have ovulated later than I thought), I was thinking that this was the latest my period has been since we stopped using BC EXCEPT for one time last August, when it didn't come until about day 45. Usually I'm like clockwork between 29-34 days.

To the point - I never considered it at the time, but what if this ISN'T my first pregnancy? What if that was actually a miscarriage?

Just the odd thoughts that pop into your head once the TTC pressure is let up a little. :)

Sharing the news with the family today! I can't wait!!! My mom is a quilter... so I bought some baby material and wrapped it up with a pacifier and little Michigan State onesies (parents are huge MSU fans). I think she'll pick up on it! lol

Sooo excited! :happydance:

Good luck kalyrra! I'm sure there will be tears all around! Are you only telling your immediate family, your parents, etc?

I told my mom and dad, and then also my sister today. My brothers will have to hear it through the grapevine. My mom cried, then sent me a list of names she likes, lol! It is a very happy thing.

I had my doc's appointment today to confirm - the doc's pee test was a very faint positive, so she took blood and said it would be back Monday to confirm. She DID say it looked positive to her, and at this point she's going to say CONGRATS! She said I'm six weeks and due January 8th...I think I conceived later than they think because I took a test when my period was a week late and it was negative - then again, even NOW I'm getting faint positives, so who knows. She said some patients never even get a positive on their urine test, so it's not uncommon.

So exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->