baby monitor advice (UK)

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by wishingtree, Oct 7, 2013.

1. wishingtree

wishingtree Member

Hello everyone

My baby is due soon so I am just getting the last bits and pieces we need :) I need to get a baby monitor, we are in the UK, I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations (or any to avoid?!)

Thanks!!

2. _Lexi_

_Lexi_ Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter

I've got the angelcare movement monitor. It detects babys breathing and an alarm sounds if breathing stops. We've been using it since we brought her home with no false alarms, apart from forgetting to switch it off when taking her out!! I love it, gives me so much peace of mind x

3. BellaBoo0512

BellaBoo0512 Well-Known Member

We have a fisher price one and it cost about £30 in Argos. It has a night light on the part that goes in LO's room. It can be a bit crackly at times but I think this is the same with most of them from what I've been told x

4. Incubus

Incubus Well-Known Member

Definitely angelcare! It's amazing.

5. MumMumMum

MumMumMum Mummy to two girls x

We have the BT 250 for my eldest and so pleased with it we bought the same one but with the pacifier unit for my youngest. They are digital so no crackle noises.

The first one we had was awful. I sent it back to amazon on the basis it wasn't fit for purpose. The baby unit was battery powered but they would run out during the night and no alarm to alert you on the parent one. My biggest tip is therefore to get a mains powered one.

Oh, and amazon agreed with me.

6. BellaBoo0512

The angel care monitors look amazing but they are out of my price range. If I could of afforded one I would of gotten one.

7. Incubus

Incubus Well-Known Member

They've come down a lot in price recently, we paid over £75 for ours but now tesco have them for £65ish and loads of £10 off codes about making them £55ish!

8. Indi84

Indi84 Well-Known Member

I have a bt one I think, no crackles at all, very clear. It's just a sound monitor though. I used a snuza for breathing, loved that!

9. sue_88

sue_88 Well-Known Member

Depends what you need.

I bought the angel care with sensor mat and waste of money to be honest. I've never used the mat as she's right next to me in her basket and I'm not very paranoid about the what ifs.

I wish I'd got a cheapie. But if you need the sensor mat reassurance, then it might be a good one.

10. Indi84

Indi84 Well-Known Member

I just looked and mine is a motorola doesn't say what one, that's prob on the half in the babies room (where he is sleeping) it's really clear though

11. history_girls

history_girls Mummy to 2 Girlies

12. _Lexi_

_Lexi_ Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter

I got mine on offer in tesco for £30. One of my friends picked one up on gumtree for £15. x

13. BellaBoo0512

That's not a bad price! They were £100 when I looked :(

14. wemustntpanic

wemustntpanic Well-Known Member

I got mine cheaper by joint amazon family (free for 3 months then cancel ;-) ) can't remember how much I paid about fifty I think but I love it, such great peace of mind.

15. katestar53

katestar53 Well-Known Member

My Angelcare baby monitor is by far my best baby buy. It has given such peace of mind and I've not had one false alarm. By the far the best baby monitor on the market.... You can get them second hand for about £25 on Ebay Xxx

16. lozza1uk

lozza1uk Well-Known Member

I've got the BT 250 pacifier too, it's been brilliant.

17. felix555

felix555 Well-Known Member

i have the Motorola MBP28 Digital Video Baby Monitor. i think it's good and the video is very clear on it

18. chloexo

chloexo Well-Known Member

We had the bt baby monitor 200, great/clear sound although one day it just wouldn't stop beeping so had to be replaced! I bought lindam clarity and it's perfect! Clear sound! and nice looking :)

19. Foxybabyhg3

Foxybabyhg3 Mamma to Skylar TTC #2

20. Sarah Lou 80

Sarah Lou 80 Well-Known Member

Angelcare all the way for us! Although we only got that when he went in to his own room at 14 weeks. I don't think you can use the Angelcare in a Moses basket? I might be wrong there!

If you go for Angelcare and have any false alarms, it usually just means the sensitivity setting needs adjusting.