baby monitor advice (UK)

wishingtree

Reaction score
Hello everyone

My baby is due soon so I am just getting the last bits and pieces we need :) I need to get a baby monitor, we are in the UK, I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations (or any to avoid?!)

Thanks!!

I've got the angelcare movement monitor. It detects babys breathing and an alarm sounds if breathing stops. We've been using it since we brought her home with no false alarms, apart from forgetting to switch it off when taking her out!! I love it, gives me so much peace of mind x

We have a fisher price one and it cost about £30 in Argos. It has a night light on the part that goes in LO's room. It can be a bit crackly at times but I think this is the same with most of them from what I've been told x

Definitely angelcare! It's amazing.

We have the BT 250 for my eldest and so pleased with it we bought the same one but with the pacifier unit for my youngest. They are digital so no crackle noises.

The first one we had was awful. I sent it back to amazon on the basis it wasn't fit for purpose. The baby unit was battery powered but they would run out during the night and no alarm to alert you on the parent one. My biggest tip is therefore to get a mains powered one.

Oh, and amazon agreed with me.

The angel care monitors look amazing but they are out of my price range. If I could of afforded one I would of gotten one.

The angel care monitors look amazing but they are out of my price range. If I could of afforded one I would of gotten one.

They've come down a lot in price recently, we paid over £75 for ours but now tesco have them for £65ish and loads of £10 off codes about making them £55ish!

I have a bt one I think, no crackles at all, very clear. It's just a sound monitor though. I used a snuza for breathing, loved that!

Depends what you need.

I bought the angel care with sensor mat and waste of money to be honest. I've never used the mat as she's right next to me in her basket and I'm not very paranoid about the what ifs.

I wish I'd got a cheapie. But if you need the sensor mat reassurance, then it might be a good one.

I just looked and mine is a motorola doesn't say what one, that's prob on the half in the babies room (where he is sleeping) it's really clear though

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-baby-monitor-150-4M8P.html

Used for 3 years with dd1 and planning to use again this time. Great sound, great to be able to play music via handset. Both units can be either battery or mains power.

I got mine on offer in tesco for £30. One of my friends picked one up on gumtree for £15. x

I got mine cheaper by joint amazon family (free for 3 months then cancel ;-) ) can't remember how much I paid about fifty I think but I love it, such great peace of mind.

My Angelcare baby monitor is by far my best baby buy. It has given such peace of mind and I've not had one false alarm. By the far the best baby monitor on the market.... You can get them second hand for about £25 on Ebay Xxx

I've got the BT 250 pacifier too, it's been brilliant.

i have the Motorola MBP28 Digital Video Baby Monitor. i think it's good and the video is very clear on it

We had the bt baby monitor 200, great/clear sound although one day it just wouldn't stop beeping so had to be replaced! I bought lindam clarity and it's perfect! Clear sound! and nice looking :)

We got the BT one with the light show. It's awesome. Total clarity, room thermometer, light show & lullaby

https://m.shop.bt.com/products/bt-baby-monitor-pacifier-7HGG.html

Angelcare all the way for us! Although we only got that when he went in to his own room at 14 weeks. I don't think you can use the Angelcare in a Moses basket? I might be wrong there!

If you go for Angelcare and have any false alarms, it usually just means the sensitivity setting needs adjusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->