Baby moon!!

youngwife20

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
Whats your opinion on a baby moon?

are you having one?
when are you thinking of taking it?
when is the best time to take one if you have already had one?
were would you go for a baby moon?
what sort of things would you do?
ideas?

im thinking of having one dont know when in pregnancy is the best, as i know to close to the end we could be worried id go into labour lol or is that the best time lol. i probably wouldnt go abroad x

Definition if you dont know what it is:

"More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage

The term babymoon comes from the more traditional term honeymoon, which is a vacation taken by a newlywed couple after their wedding ceremony."

We are going on a "babymoon" to orlando next week and i can't wait!!!!!! Did not want to go anywhere too hot and Orlando in Dec is just about right warm but not too hot. We go each year before christmas and wanted to squeeze one more trip before 2 becomes 3!! I think 25-26 weeks is a good time as you are not too big or tired.....yet and flying is not an issue yet with most airlines and hopefully m/s and all that is long gone. I say go for it if you can you won't get the chance for just the 2 of you again . I personally would go to a place where you know you be in good hands if everything were to occur xx

We had our anniversary/babymoon two weeks ago in the Bahamas! We skipped activities like swimming with the dolphins and jet-skiing and did island tours and other relaxing stuff like lying on the beach! I highly recommend taking one, it gave us time to reconnect and enjoy each other before baby makes his appearance!

I just went to Hong Kong on a babymoon at 29 weeks and came back at 30 weeks. Had a really fab relaxing time just eating and shopping and taking it easy. The 13 hour flights there and back were a bit painful though, made even worse by the flight delays the airline put me through! But apart from that it was lovely :)

We are going on a "babymoon" to orlando next week and i can't wait!!!!!! Did not want to go anywhere too hot and Orlando in Dec is just about right warm but not too hot. We go each year before christmas and wanted to squeeze one more trip before 2 becomes 3!! I think 25-26 weeks is a good time as you are not too big or tired.....yet and flying is not an issue yet with most airlines and hopefully m/s and all that is long gone. I say go for it if you can you won't get the chance for just the 2 of you again . I personally would go to a place where you know you be in good hands if everything were to occur xx

wow orlando! thats awsome!! have fun!! and your right that is a good time! :) and i agree i wont be going on any form of moon when shes here! :) xx

I just went to Hong Kong on a babymoon at 29 weeks and came back at 30 weeks. Had a really fab relaxing time just eating and shopping and taking it easy. The 13 hour flights there and back were a bit painful though, made even worse by the flight delays the airline put me through! But apart from that it was lovely :)

aww im glad you enjoyed yourself apart from the delays and wow 30 weeks i think il be huge by then lol , i had delays on the train yesturday and i even found that too much to handle lol i was exuasted and dint get home till 5am lol as i was in london for the weekend.

i need to think of things to do and activities to do .

as obvously no champagne lol no to much activities that include to much walking etc so i havent got any ideas lol :)

We're off to Grenada for two weeks beach time over Christmas and New Year. Really looking forward to it, will be about 26 weeks when we go, and the prospect of wearing a bikini in public is stopping me from stuffing my face all day!

ches- omg a baby bump in a bikini! perfect! youl look great :p xx hope you enjoy yourself!

have you got any activities planned? x

We are not having one but I wish we could. We have only been away together twice, not counting the visits to my parents in Switzerland, since we are silly cat owners and find it heartbreaking to put our beloved kitty in a home for the duration. One trip we took was to Seville and man that blew us both away. What a gorgeous gorgeous city! Not only is it incredibly interesting from a historical point of view but it is also brilliant for shopping ;)
The other trip we did was a weekend in Paris. I have been in Paris many many times but to go there with someone you are in love with... well! We walked everywhere hand in hand and sat outside the famous cafe Les Deux Magots on Saint-Germain-des-Prés and drank coffee watching ppl walk and enjoyed the lights... Paris is like no other city when it comes to romance! Sigh such happy memories :D
So if we could have a babymoon I would be hard pressed to decide between revisiting either of these two cities. xxx

We just got three weeks off and we are taking a long roadtrip to my hometown where my mom, friends, and family that I grew up with are. We plan on stopping by Crater Lake, the redwoods, Vegas, LA, San Diego, The Royal Gorge and anything else that seems interesting on the way! I haven't been home for Christmas since I graduated high school in '07 and OH is surprising me with a trip home and then some! That way my mom can feel our baby move and throw a baby shower like I always thought it'd be. I couldn't ask for a better Christmas gift and baby moon.

ches- omg a baby bump in a bikini! perfect! youl look great :p xx hope you enjoy yourself!

No not really. We'll probably sort some stuff out when we're there, like take a boat out, go spot the waterfalls and so on. I just love eating all the fresh seafood in the Caribbean, I can't wait for that.

I was actually getting a bit stressed about my bikini body - I was super fit before my BFP and I feel a bit self-conscious about my bum and thighs now. But then today I decided I'll just buy a few sarongs so I can cover up if I want to and stop being silly about it.

angel uk - sounds beautiful!! - were is siville?

and i love the idea of going to paris, but i hate walking around i have spd so walking is a no go for me lol if its too far, but it sounds beautiful xx

We just got three weeks off and we are taking a long roadtrip to my hometown where my mom, friends, and family that I grew up with are. We plan on stopping by Crater Lake, the redwoods, Vegas, LA, San Diego, The Royal Gorge and anything else that seems interesting on the way! I haven't been home for Christmas since I graduated high school in '07 and OH is surprising me with a trip home and then some! That way my mom can feel our baby move and throw a baby shower like I always thought it'd be. I couldn't ask for a better Christmas gift and baby moon.

awwwww that sounds amazing! what a lovely oh you have!! and i agree that is the bestest gift ever! hope you enjoy yourself!! :)

Seville is in Spain and I guess some walking would also be necessary there. I think most city breaks would involve a bit of walking. So maybe a beachy kind of holiday would be better?

Seivelle is lovely we went there in April and it is a beautiful city xx

Hubs and I went to Mexico when I was 21 - 23 weeks and I did the whole bikini bump thing, although I did feel guilty when bumpy got sunburnt and Hubs accused me of child abuse, whoops!!

We had the best "couply" holiday we ever had and have come away as a much stronger couple.

I fully recommend "babymoons" :happydance:

we having a staycation, as just bought a house and although would love to go away just cant justify spending the cash.

So we both taking a week of in feb to chill out maybe get a nice spa hotel in London for a night.

ooh baby bikini...with the way my thighs are growing i dont think it would be a pretty sight.lol

No not really. We'll probably sort some stuff out when we're there, like take a boat out, go spot the waterfalls and so on. I just love eating all the fresh seafood in the Caribbean, I can't wait for that.

I was actually getting a bit stressed about my bikini body - I was super fit before my BFP and I feel a bit self-conscious about my bum and thighs now. But then today I decided I'll just buy a few sarongs so I can cover up if I want to and stop being silly about it.

i get what you mean im the opposite pre pregnancy i was a little fatty so never had a bikinni body! but now im pregnant ive been super healthy and i would actualy wear a bikini top to show of my bump! never looked better! lol

butif your worrried about bum and thighs you can get those swimming outfits that have the shorts attached there really nice and keep your parts hidden that you dont like , but im sure you will look great and maybe when your out there youl be having to much fun to think about it x

We've already had 2 weeks in Cyprus when I was 18 weeks pregnant which was amazing. We obviously had our daughter with us though so not as relaxing as if it were just the 2 of us, but my parents were there too to lend a hand!

My husbands parents own a place in dartmouth and we use that quite a bit. Dartmouth is a gorgeous place to go but even more so this time of year when you can wrap up warm and go for a walk around the town and harbour. We're going there for our 4 year wedding anniversary in a few weeks when I'll be 28 weeks and then going down there again for new year for a week or so when I'll be 33 weeks!

When we go there for a few days for our anniversary my parents are having our daughter for us so we really will be able to relax and enjoy some time together. When we go away for new year my mother and father in law will be joining us so although our daughter will be there we'll get to have a little bit of couple time!

X

our babymoon is actually our wedding and honeymoon.

We fly on 8th December (21 weeks 1 day) to Jamaica and are staying at Sandals Negril in a honeymoon beachfront suite with a butler. We also have flight upgrades both ways.

I really pity the butler in my pregnant state tbh, as food and drink needs to be pretty constantly flowing.

Our wedding is on 10th December, fiances mum, dad, sister and her partner will be in Jamaica until the 12th, the rest of the time is just us.

Am perfectly happy to spend all the time relaxing and enjoying each others company for the last time.

We get back the day before xmas eve, so once xmas and new year are out of the way, there is only just over 3 months left till baby arrives by elective c section at 39 weeks.

Its 3 weeks on Thursday and I cant wait :happydance:

I will off to Punta Cana December 2nd for one week. Can't hardly wait. I will be
19 weeks preggers :happydance:

Hey ladies!
Whats your opinion on a baby moon?

are you having one?
when are you thinking of taking it?
when is the best time to take one if you have already had one?
were would you go for a baby moon?
what sort of things would you do?
ideas?

im thinking of having one dont know when in pregnancy is the best, as i know to close to the end we could be worried id go into labour lol or is that the best time lol. i probably wouldnt go abroad x

Definition if you dont know what it is:

"More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage

The term babymoon comes from the more traditional term honeymoon, which is a vacation taken by a newlywed couple after their wedding ceremony."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->