Baby night/morning feeding

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
My lo is nearly 13 weeks old and has been in a pretty consistent routine for the last month or so. He goes to be at around 7.30 after a bottle and sleeps til around 2 then feeds goes back down until 5ish then gets up around 7/8. For the last couple of weeks he isn't hungry in the morning and if I try to give him a bottle he will not take it until around 10.30/11am! That's 5.5/6 hours.

Last night I gave him a dream feed around 10am (as I thought this May cut out one of the nigt feeds) and he only woke once for a feed at 4am but still hasn't wanted a morning feed until now (10.30am).

What do you think is going on? Do you think he is ready to cut out one of the feeds? Very confused ftm here!! Xx

Edit: he is currently on 6oz bottles of cow and gate, normally takes majority if not all of it at a time.

My LO was like this at 13 weeks it only lasted about 2 weeks but at the time she would sleep 7pm - 4.30am drink 3oz max and then not want anything till about 9am.

Now she has 5oz at 4.30 and another 5 at 7.00 then every 2 hours.

She will not drink anymore than 5oz in one sitting.

My LO was like this at 13 weeks it only lasted about 2 weeks but at the time she would sleep 7pm - 4.30am drink 3oz max and then not want anything till about 9am.

Now she has 5oz at 4.30 and another 5 at 7.00 then every 2 hours.

She will not drink anymore than 5oz in one sitting.

Yeah, I suppose it could just be a phase he is going through! Health visitor suggested cutting his 4am feed down from 6oz to see if that makes him hungrier in the mornings.

I'm beginning to realise that these babies like to confuse us mummy and daddies!

around this age my little by once had a bottle at about 6pm and didnt have one for over 10 hours. i was pretty worried but i guess u just gotta go with what they want i suppose x

I would probably just say if lo is having that much in the day he probably doesnt need anything in the night ds 1 was 9 weeks when he was on 6 oz every 4 hours and his last feed would be at 12 and then he would sleep through untill 6 in the morning...your lo will let you know when he is hungry so i wouldnt worry too much. Maybe cut out the 2 am feed or the 4 am feed see which one works best for him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->