Baby No1 - pretty clueless!

Shortie88

Reaction score
I'm new to this website so hi!! :winkwink:

Me and my partner have been together for 2 years now and really want to start a family. We havent ever really tried preventeing a pregnancy, but as its never happened, we have decided we really want to start ttc.

So as i said, im pretty clueless about it all, I have purchased an ovulation test kit and thats about it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

xx

Im with you !!! .. totally clueless !!!! Any advice would be helpful .. :)

That's the beginning. Chart your periods, I would strongly suggest the clearblue digital ovulation test, it eliminates all confusion. That way if you need to go to the Dr's you have knowledge of your body.

I'm new to this website so hi!! :winkwink:

Me and my partner have been together for 2 years now and really want to start a family. We havent ever really tried preventeing a pregnancy, but as its never happened, we have decided we really want to start ttc.

So as i said, im pretty clueless about it all, I have purchased an ovulation test kit and thats about it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

xx

Hello Welcome to BnB If you would like help, support, advise, youre welcome to come over and meet us ladies on our thread...

:hugs:

the best thing i ever did was buy a clearblue fertility monitor it has worked great for me. I also do cm (cervical mucus), cp (cervial postition) and chart my temp but i still couldnt pick my ovulation as cycles use to be irregular but the monitor is great you put in your first day of true flow and just turn it on each morning around the same time and it counts the days for you, then around day 10 of cycle it will ask you to test which it comes with tests and it will get you to test for 10 days in which it will read low fertility whilst you have your period and none fertile as you reach your fertile window it will go to high fertility then the day before, the day of and sometimes the day after it will give you a peak fertility usually only gives you 2 days of that but yeah that is when you are ovulating and its easy to read its great!!!! goodluck ladies

Charting my BBT has been one of the best things ever. Easy, cheap (I use Fertility Friend online to keep track of all my cycles). I wish that I had started it much earlier! You learn so much about your body once you start. I was reluctant to do it at first, it seemed like such a hassle. But it's so simple and if you end up not getting pregnant right away, a doctor might be willing to start helping you before you've been trying officially for a full year if you have been charting (they usually make you wait a full year before starting tests).

Best of luck :)

What they said- I've been doing opk, checking the cm in my underwear whenever I see any, bbt (basal body temperature it's a thermometer that has 2 decimals points so it's more accurate than a normal one you use for fever), and charting on fertilityfriend. Oh yeah, I also keep conceive plus lubricant on hand for when I'm extra dry on the days I need to :sex: (some of the other girls here use preseed lubricant). Those two are lubes that are sperm friendly environments (usually have to be ordered online but can be found at certain places) as opposed to the cheap lubes we buy from the store. Let us know if we can be of further help.

By the way, I also take prenatal vitamins on a daily basis.

The first thing I started doing was charting my temp. I learned about all the need to know stuff from the book "taking charge of your fertility", it's a very educational book that really helps you understand step by step how to chart and all that good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->