Baby not moving much on scan

kazine

Meatballs for Two!
Reaction score
I was worried by how little the baby moved at the scan but I've been hearing its quite normal. She or he moved a little bit but sat quite still for most of it. A few big kicks and a couple of bum wiggles, and turned over at one point.

Lots of people say their baby was doing summersaults and all sorts but mine wasn't :/ also a bit worried it may be because I take heavily sedative medication that is known to cross placenta but not known to cause defects. Could it be sedating my baby?

Sounds normal, my 2nd baby didnt kick or move its bum or turn over.

The sono asked me to give couple big coughs it bounced up but that was it. She barely moved at 20wk scan aswell yet she partied all time from 30-41weeks haha.

Pixie was fast asleep at our 12 week scan. Literally not a single hint of a movement anywhere!

Mine didn't move too much at my almost 13 week scan, and same thing.. other women told me how much theirs moved. But I wasn't led to believe anything was wrong. I'm sure it's completely fine. :)

Yep Archie was fast asleep at my 10, 12 and 20 week scans :haha: on my 12 and 20 weeks I had to jump around a bit to get him to wake up... Didn't work! lol

tumblr_n48b97r21J1rzr014o1_250.gif

That's the big kicks I was talking about. Are they normal movements for fetuses? Sorry I'm just worrying over everything and also proud of my GIF that I made haha.

Awww :D S/he's flinging him/herself all over the place haha.

It's all normal hun! It could also depend on what you ate beforehand. I had a scan at 18+3 and baby was ALL over the place, I ate sour patch kids before going in lol! At my 20+6 scan (to get the things they missed) she was very still, just moved her arms a couple of times to suck her thumb. I didn't really eat anything before, just drank water.

Yeah I had a tuna sub and water the morning of my scan... Probably not the most hyper baby of foods lol

It all depends on the baby! According to my mom, I was just pinging around. I had my scan with LO at 11+6 and she barely moved. Did a couple of "belly flops" and that was about it.

I'm just a huge worrier. The scans are of limited scope and can only give hb, location and measurements... She gave me 9 scan pics when she was only meant to give two so I worried she knew my baby was going to die and wanted to give us lots to remember them by..

Yes psycho worrier here.

I'm just a huge worrier. The scans are of limited scope and can only give hb, location and measurements... She gave me 9 scan pics when she was only meant to give two so I worried she knew my baby was going to die and wanted to give us lots to remember them by..

Yes psycho worrier here.

Not psycho worrier! A mom. I wasn't any different. It's just a part of it. And honestly, I found that you start out by saying you'll be okay once you hear the heartbeat. Then you'll be okay once you reach second trimester. Then you'll be okay once you start feeling baby move. Then third tri. Then once baby's born. Then it just goes on from there.

I'm not saying it's like that for everyone, but I was like that and know it was like that for others as well. It's just part of being a mom.

It can be so easy to read into things - it doesn't make you a psycho worrier because you do. I find that these wee ones make it so easy to worry. :hugs:

I do feel a LOT better after seeing heartbeat for first time at 7 week scan. I'm not crying every day for fear of miscarriage any more lol. So I'm deffo better, though I always said I'd never relax til tri 2

Pickle wasn't moving at all, but could see heartbeat really well. I also have a transvaginal and not a normal u/s, which could be part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->