Baby number 2 or not?! That is the question!

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
OH and I have always thought we'd have a second child. Our LO is 14 months and is, I guess, what people would call an easy baby (don't really like that term but I guess it's fitting!)

I'm 34 and OH is 38. We recently discussed me stopping birth control in a few months and TTC number 2. Then we had a couple of nights with LO waking up with his teething and it got me thinking. I don't know if I'm ready to go back to the newborn stage with lots of night wakings. Also, when LO is ill it's (obviously) awful and I get so upset for him! I don't know if I could cope with that X 2!

In my heart I think I would love to start trying soon. I wanted a fairly close age gap and I don't want to be much older than I am now before having another one. If I'm having a good day, I think, yeah 2 would be great but on a bad day (which isn't often and usually follows a night with no sleep) I think i just wouldn't cope.

Sorry for the ramble. No real meaning to this post. I guess I just wondered if anyone else had these fears/thoughts about baby number 2. I guess if I'm thinking this way, then maybe now is not the time? But I really want a sibling for my boy! I think it's my age that's making me fret a little about when!

Yup! My oh definitely wants a 2nd but my girls sleep is still awful and i dont think i could do the whole pregnancy with toddler a d newborn thing again! I got the implant a couple of weeks ago so maybe in 3 years i may have changed my mind but if i struggle now with 1 at 27 i am not sure how i would cope with two at 30+!

I felt a bit like this recently, I think I posted something similar a few weeks back. I actually think this is just part of the decision making process, once you decide to do something all these thoughts come into your head, but the worries have already left my head now and I know I want to TTC later this year. I think these feelings will pass soon, especially if you are both on board to TTC.

My DD is nearly 4 and I wish I'd have done it sooner. She was also an "easy baby" but on the occasions she wasn't I didn't cope well at all.

That said, I always wanted 2. I keep telling myself that it may well be tough but that it won't last forever.

And if it does I can always move back into my dads :rofl:

Thanks guys! Yeah, I guess it is all part of the decision making process. I'll just go with the flow then!

I feel like I don't cope well when LO is being less easy! Perhaps it's because we are so used to him being easy that it's a bit of a shock when he's not!

Thanks everyone :)

I had the same fears when my husband and I were talking about ttc with no. 2. It's completely normal. I remember having a panic attack the hour before my c-section, telling myself, "Why did we want to have another baby? Am I crazy? I can't do this. Maybe I can just keep him in a little bit longer..." Yeah it was bad, but honestly it's been amazing. It was hard at first, but we all eventually got the hang of it. It does get easier with time, and now it's pretty great. We're even thinking about no. 3. I love watching them play together and I love it when they give each other kisses. It's really just sweet and honestly what makes me really think about a third is this saying, " You will always regret not having another, you'll never regret having another." I did my own research a few months ago when I started thinking about a third child and to me that made so much sense. You will never regret having another child, but you will regret not having one. If you feel like this is right for your family then go for it! If you're not 100% sure then wait a few months and then see where your heart is. I think that if everyone listened to their fears or having multiple kids then a lot more of us would come from 1 child homes. Good luck with your decision.

I had the same fears when my husband and I were talking about ttc with no. 2. It's completely normal. I remember having a panic attack the hour before my c-section, telling myself, "Why did we want to have another baby? Am I crazy? I can't do this. Maybe I can just keep him in a little bit longer..." Yeah it was bad, but honestly it's been amazing. It was hard at first, but we all eventually got the hang of it. It does get easier with time, and now it's pretty great. We're even thinking about no. 3. I love watching them play together and I love it when they give each other kisses. It's really just sweet and honestly what makes me really think about a third is this saying, " You will always regret not having another, you'll never regret having another." I did my own research a few months ago when I started thinking about a third child and to me that made so much sense. You will never regret having another child, but you will regret not having one. If you feel like this is right for your family then go for it! If you're not 100% sure then wait a few months and then see where your heart is. I think that if everyone listened to their fears or having multiple kids then a lot more of us would come from 1 child homes. Good luck with your decision.

Ah, thank you. That's a lovely way to look at it! I think we are set on it but maybe I just need a few months to get my head around it! It's all very scary but exciting too! I'll just have to make my peace with the likelihood of sprouting more grey hairs! Never had a single one until I had a baby! Perhaps that's my real fear!! :)

You get used to dealing with two rather than one. My first was a easy child too, had my second and she is the opposite. Hasnt slept threw, and she is now a year. But to be homest im not tierd even though she is waking in the night still.
Its all worth it when u hear their giggles at each other. Im planning to have #3 too. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->