Baby on solids at 4 half months

My LO is 5 months old (21 ish weeks)& I started weaning at 17 weeks. She has 4 x 7oz bottles a day (breakfast/lunch/tea/supper) & after her lunch & tea formula she has solids. 5-10 teaspoons of pureed veg & the occasional pureed fruit. HV advised not too much sweet stuff as may get hooked!

Been weaning now roughly a month so gona give it another week or so then introduce the 3rd solid meal of the day. The gradually increase amounts as she develops.

Good luck hun & remember that everyone is different & too much advice can sometimes confuse you even more! x

I'm going to disagree and agree with some of the posts here. Personally i think it is too much to give him for the start of things but then i disagree with the 6 month crucial dead line sort of thing, its called a guideline for a reason. Some babies will not be ready till after six months some will be ready before I'm lucky enough to have learnt quite a bit about weaning because of my job but maybe ask you're health visitor?

I have a bit of a greedy guts on my hands and i've just started very slowly. He still has his normal feeds but at midday i give him a bit of rusk along with his milk. I won't move on from that till i think his ready (and you just know) he seems quite content with his little mid day treat so am sticking with that for now.

As with the jars i do agree, some of them are great and but there are a few baddies that have an enourmous amount of preservaties, salt, sugar etc.. i would personally get a blender an puree fresh fruits etc at least you know what that is! :)

Good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->