Baby only wanting 'sweet' foods???

Emma11511

Julian's mummy
Reaction score
I only starting Weaning Julian this week, but I've noticed he literally won't eat anything but fruit. He won't eat any of the veg that ive tried him on. I'm guessing it's because fruit is sweeter. So is this normal when you start weaning? I'm going to try him with sweet potato today, and maybe avocado with pear/apple. I know it's not a bad thing to only eat fruit, but would like him to eat veg too!

I would suggest 'sweeter' veg like sweet potato, butternut squash, parsnip and carrots. Personally I would roast them, then puree.

I've been weaning my LO for 2 weeks now and have tried carrot,apple,swede,sweet potato,broccoli,banana and parsnip. The only things he's turned his nose up at is the broccoli and parsnip. I even mixed the broccoli with carrot but it still didn't go down well. Im going

to keep trying him with the less sweet veg.

Just thought - you can also mix fruit and veg up. Sounds weird to us, but babies don't know any different and it gets them used to the idea of veg. Mixing stewed apple with some veg worked well DS. :thumbup:

Charlotte was exactly the same. I'm happy to tell you that she now eats everything.

I agree with the PP suggestions to give sweeter veggies like sweet potatoes and squash. You can also mix veggies in with fruit until he gets used to them. It sounds gross, but Charlotte loves spinach mixed with blueberries!

Like Noelle has said my lo was exactly the same. I gave fruit and veg combos for a while but he now will eat absolutely anything. Still loves his fruit mind but will give most things a good go!

I tried my LO with blended spag Bol and she would only eat it if I mixed banana in haha :) LO is the exact same I spoon fed her from 4 months and its all fruit fruit fruit . Iv tried sweet potatoe lately and it went down a treat :) plus I had some too yum . Had never tried it before :)

I mixed some pear and turnip and it worked. He eats every veg i give him now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->