Baby passport pictures

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So I'm getting Josh's photo taken this week for his passport and I was wondering how the heck is he gonna manage to take a picture that is correct.

This is the requirements:

* The photos provided will be printed in the passport. In order for our equipment to read the photo correctly, applicants are asked not to smile.
* Photos must be taken against a plain white or light-coloured background so that the applicant’s features are clearly distinguishable against the background. There should be enough contrast between the background and the traits or clothing.
* Shadows are unacceptable. Lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
* There must be no reflection or glare on the face or glasses.
* Applicant must show a neutral facial expression (no smiling, mouth closed) and look straight at the camera.
* Eyes must be open and clearly visible. Glasses, including tinted prescription glasses, are acceptable as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare in the glasses. Sunglasses and red eyes are unacceptable.
* Photos must show a full head without any head covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, both edges of the face must be clearly visible.
* Photos must show a full front view of the face and top of the shoulders squared to the camera (the image of the face and shoulders must be centered in the photo).
* Photos must be clear, sharp and in focus.
* Photos must be originals and not taken from an existing photo.

:dohh: This is giving me a bloody headache!

Any tips?

They tend to be more relaxed with baby photo's hun, they don't have to have a straight face etc

Jacks was took at 2 weeks lol they didn't mind that his eyes were closed, just as long as they could see both ears and they aren't screaming lol

I hope so... Otherwise it's going to be a nightmare trying to take a picture of my cheeky monster! He's always smiling or have his mouth open or his tongue out! :dohh:

Had Skyler's photo taken when he was 3 days old. They are not strict anywhere with baby pics.

I had Keira's passport photos taken two weeks ago. The guy at Walgreens set a white board on the counter, we laid her down and snapped about 10 pictures before we got a good one. She was squirming, straining but it got done..

I completely recommend www.paspic.com. You take a picture of your baby on a plain background (more instructions on the website, but that's basically all) and they do the rest for you. They'll crop it to correct measurements, print it out, check it, and deliver it to you. It was £3.50 for 4 when I did it, and I couldn't fault them. x

Their rules are NO way as strict with babies. :) Hope that helps.

i took brendan in a booth and lifted him up and put my head down, was a right pain, but if the child is under a year old they can have there eyes closed so dont worry about that xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->