Baby pulling on nipple while breastfeeding

hobbnob

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old and for the last month or so when breastfeeding she will pull (stretch) my nipple while being latched on and push herself away from me at the same time but doesn't let go of the latch and still sucks. It is irritating like a taffy pull or something. I don't know why she chooses to nurse this way now. She has two teeth on the bottom that she got a month ago and she starts off this way nursing and continues to do this throughout until she is done so I don't think it has to do with the let down unless she is just anticipating it. I have to hold her arm sometimes to keep her from pushing off from me and stretching my nipple even further but then she gets irritated that I am holding her arm and still tries to stretch away.

Anyone have this problem or know why she might be doing this? It doesn't have anything to do with burping either or gas.

My LO does this, but unfortunately I have no advice.

Phoebe does this it seems like shes just really excited x

My LO does this also, I have no idea why!

Same happens here. Not sure if she's trying to speed up the flow or something.

Mine does it too. He also started around 6 months, and it's gotten a little better over the last month tho. It's annoying, no idea why he does it or how to stop it.

Sometimes my little one does it and smiles (boob still in her mouth) and as much as it can be annoying I think that particular look is adorable :)

Mine does this and he's just 4 months -.- Does that mean it's going to get worse?

Mine does this and he's just 4 months -.- Does that mean it's going to get worse?

I don't know if it will get worse. I know it hurts me. I can't stand it as it is irritating. I wondered if it had something to do with teething or perhaps my milk is less than it use to be and she is trying to get more out. I don't know.

My LO did this too about that age, and then graduated to expirimenting with what all positions she could nurse in. lol No kidding, she's even flipped her body over my shoulder, legs hanging up onto my back, and not lost latch the whole time. Her favorite seems to be standing on her feet, bent completely in half, nursing upside down. I think they're just little movers, little gymnasts that want to move around while they're nursing. It isn't the most comfortable in the world, but the pain went away over time. Sure hate to see my nipples when all is said and done (and empty) tho... lol

My LO did this too about that age, and then graduated to expirimenting with what all positions she could nurse in. lol No kidding, she's even flipped her body over my shoulder, legs hanging up onto my back, and not lost latch the whole time. Her favorite seems to be standing on her feet, bent completely in half, nursing upside down. I think they're just little movers, little gymnasts that want to move around while they're nursing. It isn't the most comfortable in the world, but the pain went away over time. Sure hate to see my nipples when all is said and done (and empty) tho... lol

Hahaha! Thanks for the giggle. I have noticed that she now starts looking around at everything with my nipple still in her mouth. twisting around, looking up, looking down. I am quite afraid of what my boobs will look like when I am done.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that when we're through nursing I'm going to end up with tube sock breasts and toe length nipples. I probably need to get a surgeon on speed dial. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juubee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->