Baby puree: steam or boil?

suzan

Reaction score
I have read that its better to steam veggies over boiled water as they lose their nutrients.

I plan to do sweet potato puree today as first veggie :happydance:

How do u guys do it? stupid question I know but I need to know.. steam then add little of water? or boiled?

Steaming is supposed to be better but im lazy so i have just boiled zanes veg but i am starting to steam it now.

Once cooked all u have to do is mash it up add a little of babies milk if u think its too thick

Steaming is supposed to be better but im lazy so i have just boiled zanes veg but i am starting to steam it now.

Once cooked all u have to do is mash it up add a little of babies milk if u think its too thick

So add a little of milk instead of water?

yeah milk will be alot better to add then water to mashed veg. i think water is too plain myself but its all trial and error weaning

I never steam any veg, for Brooke or us lol, i always boil it

I should have made a poll in this thread hehe

I steam all our veg as it keeps more vitamins and nutrients. Also when pureeing I use the water out the bottom of the steamer as any lost vitamins will be in there and they tell you not to reheat babies milk so wouldn't trust it myself

I have a huuuuge steamer. Put the water in the bottom pan....the food in the top 2 and the lid on top. EVERYTHING gets steamed in my house :rofl:

:hugs::hugs:

I'm a steamer. Find it so easy to just bung things in and leave them to cook.

I boil... i've never steamed anything, nor do I know what a steamer is... :rofl:

I steam all our veg as it keeps more vitamins and nutrients. Also when pureeing I use the water out the bottom of the steamer as any lost vitamins will be in there and they tell you not to reheat babies milk so wouldn't trust it myself

ditto same as Bubbles :happydance:

it really depends on what I'm cooking. Broccoli I steam, peas I boil, and sweet potatoes and squash I bake in the oven

i got my electric steamer from asda for £7, i just bung everything in switch it on wait for the ping, job's a good'n, steamed carrots are soooooo tasty yum yum. x

I steam for all of us and boil potatoes as they take ages to steam

Hi, lets all congratulate ourselves that we are caring enough to worry about steaming or boiling - all babies get their nutrients from milk in the early days - just get them loving the taste and textures. Well done all mums for giving and caring about getting great veggies and fresh fruit into our babies. Yay to be great mums!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->