Baby Rice & Bottles?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Brooke is starting to get the hang of having a tiny bit of baby rice now for her tea and she's still drinking a full 7oz bottle ...

Trouble is its making her quite a bit sickier than when she just has a bottle.

Im wondering if it either doesnt agree with her? I did buy organic to try and get something as easy on her as possible, or maybe its just a little bit too much for her tummy to take as well as 7oz's of milk.

Any advice ladies? Im tempted to drop that bottle down to 6oz's and see if it makes any difference. I know they say in the early stages food should compliment the milk rather than replace it but that still doesnt mean her tummy can take any more than there is room for.

Don't give her the baby rice then...try pureed carrot, apple, pear or something instead. First taste doesn't have to be baby rice:sick:

I would lower the bottle amount. Her stomach is only the size of her fist and that is a lot of milk. Maybe up the food amount and like Hevz said maybe try a different beginner food? :)

baby rice is gross have you tried it? i gave faith some pureed spinach and she LOVED it, also carrot- steam it then blend it with a few spoons of water from the steamer xx

yep you could try puree carrot honey, or what i do is make up the bottle, and add the milk from the bottle to the baby rice, that way there is less milk but it's in the baby rice if that makes sense x

I think I would try something different to the rice tbh hun...!! Like the other said pureed veg or something!

:hugs:

Thanks ladies, and yes babie rice is ming, i nearly gagged just trying it :lol:

I thought i would try her on baby rice rather than puree's at first as mixed with the milk it would be the closest thing to having milk iykwim seeings as she's still so young.

I think i'll drop an ounce off the bottle at teatime seeings as she doesnt dislike the rice itself and if it doesnt help her i'll try a puree of some description for tomorrows tea :)

How far apart are you giving the rice from the milk? When I started I gave it between feeds so it had time to settle before having a load of milk on top of it. If not I'd say everything above sounds sensible - try something other than rice or knock an ounce off.
Plum do an organic 4 grain porrige that's suitable from 4 months and Hebe much prefers it to baby rice but it's still nice and plain if you're wanting to keep it simple to start with. :)

edit - started typing before the last few replies....:blush:

I give it to her part way through a feed, beforehand she's too cranky and afterwards she's bored and had enough

What about at a time when she's 'quiet/alert' IYKWIM. I fed Hebe at about 3pm and then again about 5pm so I started giving it to her at 4ish - ie smack in between. Now she feeds at 3pm ish and her tea is about 4.30 and she's dropped the old 5pm feed - obviously it didnt happen straight away but the more I got down her the longer it went till it disappeared.

You can also try some nestle baby oatmeal , I found that with rice max had major tummy aches but with the oatmeal he had no problems

Well she's just had her teatime feed and dropping the bottle to 6oz's seems to have worked, i'll give it a try again tomorrow and see how we get on, hopefully it wasnt a one off :)

Is there a reason you giving it to her? With her being so young...I was just wondering? Reflux or something? Because it's not really recommended to do rice that early, or any food, but especially not in a bottle unless there is reflux or something. She probably just isn't ready for any solids and that might be why it's making her not feel good

Brooke has really bad reflux...that's why polo is weaning early

Oh ok...what about oatmeal or barley cereals instead? I don't know how much purees would really thicken it up? I know here they have special formula that's already thickened for babies with reflux, maybe she would handle that better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->