Baby rice

indy and lara

Reaction score
I had so hoped that I would not start weaning til Emma was at least 6 months but it is just not happening. We got up to Emma needing up to 12 feeds a day over a 2 week period and I just can't keep up.

I am continuing to breastfeed as often as Emma wants milk but have started giving her a small amount of baby rice. We are intending to do blw abd so never read much about rice/ purees. Could anyone help me by letting me know how often she should get rice/ amounts to give, etc.

Thanks

Lesley

We just started with one or two teaspoons of the dried stuff and increased the amount when she was finishing it all off. We did then make the move to BLW with no problems. I gave lots of finger food to play with from around Emma's age so she took to the eating bit quickly when we moved fully over to BLW.

We've had to start in the last few days also. I am just giving a teaspoon of rice at the moment... but will increase gradually as he eats more. Although once this sachet is gone I'm gonna try him on other foods.

Good Luck x

i started off with rice flour made into porridge to which i added a bit of banana. Elijah loved it!

he had one meal a day at the beginning (about 9am, as I've read it's best to have meals early in the day so if they should suffer through indigestion, they don't suffer through it at night and disrupt their sleep). he now has two meals a day - both rice porridge with some veggies or fruits added.

he has tried bananas (likes), apples (dislikes), carrots (likes) and squash (likes).

hope you have a fun weaning time with your LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->