Baby Rice

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
I know it says 4m+ but I remember the MW saying that when they start waking in the night it's time for baby rice.
He is starting to feed in the day every 3 hours and then goes bed at 10pm and wakes around 3am.
What's your opinions?

3 hours is quite normal for a 2 month old. I would up his intake during the day and top him up (breast of bottle - whatever you are doing) after he is in bed. At 9pm and then maybe again at 11.00 or 11.30pm. It could just be a growth spurt which can be remedied with the top ups and increasing intake during the day.

it seems like all doctors have different opinions on this. my doctor told me not to feed alexa anything but breast milk or formula until she is five or six months. he said that even though she will be eating more it does not mean she needs anything else in her diet. so thats what i am going with. my best friend started her daughter on rice cereal at three months though and she seems fine! i dont have much of an answer except to say if your mw says its okay and you feel right about it, then go ahead!

My dr says that I should wait till she can hold her own head up. I told him Id ike to start at 3 months, so he said just to put it in her bottle. He also says that giving them baby rice before bed to make them sleep longer is a myth, so I said to him,
"Do you have your own children?"
"Not yet"
"So you dont know anything then!" :rofl:

dont put it in there bottle cause even if there full they will carry on eating it apparently thats another thing tey say riley didnt though he always stopped do what u feels best

My Hv says that if they have been sleeping through the night for a while and then all of a sudden they wake looking to be fed it is time to start baby rice, that is if they are taking lots of milk durning the day, if not then up the milk in take before the rice.

i have been given summer a little bit of rice for about a week now, imo he still sounds a little young and like others i would prob try and give him more milk

My Dr said no more than a tablespoon in the bottle

Charlotte has been on rice cereal in her formula since she was 5 weeks old. She was having carrots too, but we've stopped that until she's a bit older...the cereal is working fine alone. Her pediatrician told us to try both...seems they all have different opinions on this subject

Ive also put Ciaran on Baby rice ,now and again. if i find him realy hungary because hes on 7oz of Sma white cap ,My health vistitor told me to try the rice:p

I started Colton on cereal at about 9/10 weeks.

It getting them to sleep through the night though isn't true. Colton didn't sleep any longer, and actually woke up SOONER the first couple of nights. Now he sleeps 9/10pm-6/7am (since about 3 months), but he has been on food for almost 3 months. He takes 3 meals a day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->