baby rocker, bouncer or swing?

Mummymoo_x

Reaction score
So I'm looking in the babies r us catalogue and I'm seeing different baby bouncers, 'rockers' & swings. At a first glance they look pretty similar.

Am I right in thinking I'll only need one of these and not all 3? I've noticed the baby bouncers tend to be a cheaper option and the swings are more expensive.

so does anyone know the difference between them & which out of the 3 would you recommend? I've already had a baby bouncer brought for me from a friend but I'll be using that as a spare at MIL's house. So would I be better off getting a swing or rocker? :)

thanks in advance :)

Our DD hated both the swing and rocker but liked the bouncer :)

Its impossible to say, some babies love swings etc, my son liked his bouncer best, plain and Comfy. We kept it and probably won't bother with anything else.

I think you can get a swing that can also be a bouncer, I've asked my mum for one of these for my baby so we can have both. I only had a bouncer for my daughter which I'd recommend every mum to be to purchase as their great seats when you start weaning as well since their to little for high chairs at that point or at least my dd was! All the mums I used to meet for a coffee swore by the swings as well.

I don't think I could have survived without both my bouncer and swing. Baby had colic and the swing, on it's highest speed, was the only way she'd sleep at all. And now, at almost 5 months old, she'll only do daytime naps in my arms or in the swing. And I love the bouncer bc I can take it in any room and baby can sit in it and watch me...like when I wash dishes in the kitchen and even while I take a bath. I use it quite a lot.

We had a bouncer and a swing for our DS and he loved both we were just lucky to borrow the swing from family so if he hadnt liked it we wouldnt have wasted money.

Bouncer was good to sit him in once he was staying awake a bit longer and swing was great for settling him back to sleep.

This time round we will be purchasing a swing as family member is due month before us. Xx

We used a bouncer with callum, he loved it, we've kept it so will use it with baby number 2. We never tried a swing so can't really comment on those xx

Thanks for replies ladies :) I've seen a baby bouncer which I like, I think I'm going for the bouncer as a pp said its portable so I can move it around the house easier. I think I'd buy a baby swing once baby's here :) (& when I have more of an idea if my baby will like the swing!) x

I was wondering the same thing. I decided on the rock and play at babies r us. I picked that one because it's portable and vibrates and plays music like a bouncer but you can also use it like a bassinet. I'm going to put it next to the bed. He will have a crib in the nursery but I know I won't leave him in there in the beginning.

My son didn't like the swing and loved the bouncer. I still have his bouncer for her and we got a swing second hand.

I used a bouncer with my first, which we still have and I also bought a mamas and papas starlite swing which hopefully baby likes :thumbup:

I used a bouncer with my first, which we still have and I also bought a mamas and papas starlite swing which hopefully baby likes :thumbup:

Thanks! Think il go with just a bouncer for now as its my first :) hope your baby likes the swing! X

There is soooo much baby stuff out there, isn't it confusing trying to figure out what to get?! Even now with my third on the way, I am still trying to figure out if I need to upgrade anything (some of my stuff was used when I got it, and after two kids it is pretty worn). We have a swing that can detach and doubles as a baby seat/toddler rocking chair. Even my two boys (ages 2 and 4) still use the chair now. My first son loved his swing and would sleep in it for naps, but my second never really liked swings and just wanted to be held. I just hate that it eats through so many batteries (we did rechargeable, but I was constantly recharging batteries). We also have a cheep bouncer seat, and both my boys loved it. Remember, no matter what you get, the baby will probably only be using it for a few months to a year, so get something you think you will get the most use out of since you really will only need it for a short time.

DS was an odd child. He had a bouncer which vibrated and he loved that, then again he loved his swing when it was going at faster speeds. He still has a need for speed now (6) and once he gets on his bike/pony/swing he's off. Just depends on the child.

Both mine liked the bouncer and hated the swing. But all babies are different!

I kept hearing that "all babies are different" so I found a friend who was selling her bouncer/swing combo! I hope my son likes one of them!

I've seen a swing now for around 70£ I really like the look of it compared to some bouncers....but I just dont know if its going to be practical?!!! Is my baby going to be one of those that loves the swing? Hmm! Its not one of the big ones I dont even think it looks like a swing.

I have got a bouncer already but I'm using it as a spare so I could always use that just incase! Gosh I thought choosing a name was hard! Haha x

I'm still undecided on this! We'll be getting a bouncer, but I'm stuck as for a swing. My friend's little boy loves his swing, but all babies are different like others have said, and I don't want to shell out on a swing if she's not going to like it! Having said that, my mum's next door neighbour has offered us her little girls swing for £30 which is a BARGAIN as it cost her about £80, but then I have to look at our apartment and think if we have room for it! The problem with a swing is that they are so big and take up so much room, and if baby doesn't like it, it's a waste of money because even £30 is £30!
I might see how much she likes the bouncer - my mum says that I hated my bouncer when I was a baby! So might see how it goes and see how we are financially as to whether we can afford a swing and whether it's worth it etc.
One thing you don't want to do is spend loads of money on things baby either doesn't need or might not like!

I'm still undecided on this! We'll be getting a bouncer, but I'm stuck as for a swing. My friend's little boy loves his swing, but all babies are different like others have said, and I don't want to shell out on a swing if she's not going to like it! Having said that, my mum's next door neighbour has offered us her little girls swing for £30 which is a BARGAIN as it cost her about £80, but then I have to look at our apartment and think if we have room for it! The problem with a swing is that they are so big and take up so much room, and if baby doesn't like it, it's a waste of money because even £30 is £30!
I might see how much she likes the bouncer - my mum says that I hated my bouncer when I was a baby! So might see how it goes and see how we are financially as to whether we can afford a swing and whether it's worth it etc.
One thing you don't want to do is spend loads of money on things baby either doesn't need or might not like!

Hmm you could always see if your baby wants to try the swing out before you buy it? I dont know...but the one I've seen is pretty small..more of a swinging bouncer I think haha, it doesnt look like an actual swing...but then if baby doesnt like it we could always sell it or keep it for a future baby? :)

We have a swing that isn't the size of a normal swing (IYSWIM). It's the mamas and papas starlite swing. I got that one for DD because of its size. It was great and DD loved it! Here is the link. https://www.preciouslittleone.com/p...pon-a-time)/?gclid=CJP5xOqwl7oCFVIPtAodfmYA0Q. The only thing was that I wished it would plug into the mains rather than run on battery.

For the twins we have bought a 3 in 1 rocker each (tiny love), it can be used like a bassinet and then be changed into a rocker and vice versa. I've been told they are great by lots of people and as we are going to have 2 of everything it seems to make sense to have something that can convert and have more than one use. I was looking at the fisher price rock n play but there was recalls on them fir damaging babies heads when they were left to sleep in them which put me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->