Baby Sapphira - 16/12/09

caz81

Reaction score
We are currently in Oman and had before we got here been told that the factilities for giving birth here were same as uk- this has been proved to be sooo not true!

I was induced at 11am on 16th due to high bp, growth restricted baby & reduced waters, this was at 39 & 3. At about 12 i started to get bad contractions so was sent to the labour room (a dirty room full of cubicles and you had to go in there by yourself no one else was allowed) so i was getting really painful contractions and asked for some pain relife but they would not give me any - no explanation given they just would not, the hours went by and i was in agony and making no progress, at 4ish they put me on the cgt machine and baby was in massive distress - heart beat was going crazy, i was gettting contractions every 2 mins but only 1cm dilated (and still given no pain relief), so they said i needed an emergency c-sectyion due to baby distress.

they prepared me for op and took me straight down to the theatre and she was delivered at5pm, i had a spinal block so could feel what was going on but no pain. They seemed suprised when i asked to see her, they were just going to wisk her away, when i saw her though was amazing. they then took her back to ward and gave her a bottle (even though i wanted to breast feed and having so many probs with that now), iwas taken back to the ward... they did not have any private rooms available that night so dh was not allowed to stay and the nurses will not help you at all so i had to have mil stay the night with me (agggrrrhhh) the first night was terrible, mil completely took over and would not let me do anything at all, even the things i was able to do, the nurses only changed my maternity pad once (i was on catherter could not move) so was covered in blood as well and they had been bottle feeding sapphira as well - i felt really down tbh....

the next day a private room was available so dh was able to stay the night with me and we cold get rid of mil for a while... i was in so much pain still, a c-section is really not an easy option and was not managing to get the hanmg of breast feeding as she was used to the bottle (again the nurses will not help you so is up to you to try and work it out)

I am sooo happy my princess is here and has been worth all the pain and stress but looking forward to being back in England in a few weeks time!!!

Attachments

• SL373113.jpg
    SL373113.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 67
Aww hun, sorry about the awful experience....Sounds like a nightmare!! But I'm so glad it worked out in the end, congratulations xox

Aww Caz, I'm sorry that you've had such a tough time. I never realised it would be quite that bad for you! I'm glad she's finally here though - so gorgeous! Take care of yourself over the next few days and relax as much as you can over Christmas. (Aren't MIL and FIL going away shortly too?!) Lots of love, x x x

You poor thing. Such an awful experience. I had a c section here but was the complete opposite. Don't feel too bad about the bottles as I gave in on night 1 and allowed her to be whisked away. Not to the nursery but to the midwives station where I allowed them to give her some formula as she was hungry and I needed rest. Just keep up the breast contact, skin to skin (with nappy!!) and she'll get the hang. Your milk will come in eventually and she will get the idea. Formula certainly doesn't mean the end of trying and does not mean you've failed (think of it as being on a diet and having one biscuit - doesn't ruin diet, you just start again)! Lots of hugs and closeness and allowing her to smell you and most importantly hear you. Mummy bubba bond is very hard to break, no matter mow much MIL or furmula are forced upon them. Good luck x x

Sorry you had such an awful time :hugs: Congratulations on your little girl though :thumbup:

congrats on the birth of your beautiful daughter. so sorry about your experience hun, i remember when you got your bfp! not long till you are back in the uk. take care xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->