Baby shower planning

beachgal

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
My friends let me know yesterday that they would like to throw me a baby shower in April. Yay, a party!
My question is, what is the etiquette or usual standard regarding my involvement? I'd love to help them (is it strange I feel bad that they are doing something for me?) but I'm wondering is that what most guests of honour do?
I.e I'd love to help with the costs of the party - food, party favours for the guests - who normally takes care of that stuff?
This is my first and I'm doing it as a single mom so I'm very thankful for my friends support :) it means the world to me! I'm also the first one out of my friends here to have a baby so advice is appreciated!

I think since they are throwing you the party they will be expecting to pay for it. You can always offer to contribute if you want but I'm guessing they won't accept.

You can tell them your so excited and would love to know what they are planning but ultimately I would leave most of the decisions to them and you just enjoy it!

Normally the host of the shower will pay for and plan it all. That said, I think it would be seen as a sweet gesture if you offered to either help pay and/or help with the plans. My guess is that you will be told to spend your money on the baby! The biggest part of planning you will be involved with will be to pick a date and to let the hosts know whether you like baby shower games or not. (Also maybe to let them know if you are having any big food aversions because they don't want you sick!) Be grateful for good friends and enjoy your shower!

Generally the mommy-to-be is responsible for putting together a list of people she would like to invite and making a registry of the things she would like. You are the guest of honor and they are the hosts so personally I would try and leave as much of the hosting and planning part up to them as possible. I would say something like, let me know if there is anything I can do to help but other than that, I would relax and try to enjoy it though I know it's hard.

Thanks ladies :). I've never had anything like this! I appreciate the advice and will let my friends know I'm willing to help if they need it :)

Sit back and enjoy being pampered! You have lovely friends, you lucky gal!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->