Baby size scan!

wlovew

Reaction score
I went yesterday (36+6) to have a scan to see how big my baby girl might be since the tech said she was so chubby at my 30+6 3D ultrasound... All of her measurements are right on at 36+6 and they said her weight is guesstimated to be around 6.9lbs!!! Average for 37 weeks is 6.3lbs. She's not GIANT but she does appear to be bigger than average. I know this is not a highly accurate measurement but it's still got me slightly worried lol Anyone else get a size scan around 37 weeks???

I had one on Wednesday at 36+4 and the estimated weight was 7lbs 1oz. So scary to think how big he will be in a few weeks!

It was weird though because on the graph, his abdominal circumference was in the 47th percentile! His head was the 85th though (help!) so guess my baby is going to look a little out of proportion, eek.

Be interesting to see how accurate our scans are :)

Yes it will be very interesting!!!! I really really really want to have her at 39 weeks I'm sooooo done being pregnant!!!!!!!! Plus I'm scared if she's too big I'd have to get a c-section and I really don't want that :/ But I just want her out I'm so uncomfortable!!!!!!

So excited tho, almost baby time!!!!

Really those measurements are so off. My one friend was told the baby was about 7 pounds at 36 weeks and should gain a pound a week. Baby was born about 7 pounds. Another coworker just had a baby. They were concerned the baby was too big and thinking she was 10 pounds. Had a c section - baby was 8 pounds.

I know it's not very accurate, it's just to get an idea. I know several people who were given numbers that were off by at least a pound in either direction. They say they can be off b 25% either way, too, and they totally are lol

Lol. It makes sense though, how in the world can you tell how much the baby inside me weighs?? I'm amazed the ultrasound can measure size at all!

Ive never had a size scan. All my babies were bigger. 8lb 4oz born 39+6, 9lb born 40+5 and 8lb 5oz born 41+1. All born naturally.
My sister was told her baby was going to be 7lb and he was born 5lb a week over due.

It's totally crazy. Her abdominal circumference and femur length and all other measurements were right on - 36+6! She's always measured exactly to the day, so what "percentile" is that?? I have no idea what that percentile thing means??? This is my first baby so I'm new at this lol

At 35+6 my scan had said baby's estimated weight is 6lb 13oz...my daughter was only 6lb 1oz at full term. After a little panic because the head is measuring 95th centile eeek I'm trying to take the measurements with a pinch of salt!

I had a growth scan at 34+2 and she was estimated to be 5lb 15oz (so almost 6lb), they told me to expect a 7 1/2lber. I thought probs more if she was 6lb at 34 weeks with 6 weeks to grow!! So i wouldnt worry about having a massive baby at all hun xx

In the uk the graphs are based on your size and shape. My son was 7lb 11 at birth, at 42 weeks which doesn't sound bad until you consider an average full term baby for me should be 10-10&1/2 lb. He was skeletal and very unwell. Different women produce different size babies. This time round I think I'm the only woman I know who is desperate for a 10lber.

My scan at 36+1 estimated weight at 6lb 5oz I think. It was 56th percentile on my personalised growth chart.

Predicted to be 7lb 11oz at 39 weeks (birth) but my bump is really big. I think she will be over 8lbs at least.

With DD they predicted a birth weight of 7lb11oz - she was only 6lb12oz born at 39+6. I'm not even bothering with one this time as they seem about as accurate as a random number generator and seem more of a money making gimmick x

I had a scan at 37 weeks with my daughter and they said estimated weight was 7lbs, she was born 40+4 weighing 8lb 2oz, So I don't think you'll have a huge baby at all! x

They aren't really that accurate, some can be waay off in fact. I wouldn't worry about it, I think unless you have gestational diabetes or a physical problem yourself that makes birth hard your body won't grow a baby you can't get out. Some people think slightly bigger babies are easier! Their weight gain levels out too so she won't keep growing at the same rate even if you go over

I have heard that bigger babies are sometimes easier to push out because gravity is pulling on them more...

Only got the size scan because the tech telling me how chunky she was already at 30+6 lol She had quite the cheeks and even a double chin already!!!! I guess most 30-31 week babies don't have so much chub? That's what she said! It's OK if my Vivi is a chunky girl!!!!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMI_41.jpg
    IMI_41.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMI_7.jpg
    IMI_7.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1
THANK YOU! I would have to agree! I am so anxious to meet this little girl it's not even funny!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->