Baby skincare

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Do you all make your own solutions in place of baby oils/moisturisers or buy certain brands that are a bit friendlier? I personally only use olive oil to cleanse and moisturise - face and body - and was wondering if I could use the same in place of baby oil/nappy cream. What about at bathtime? I currently use a natural bath/shower gel but I guess this might still be too strong for baby? I don't want to start using Johnsons baby bath or anything with chemicals in.

Thanks!

Lilly

I use Halos N Horns baby wash on Leyla, it smells lovely and isn't too bad, chemical wise. You can get loads of different organic and chemical free lotions and potions for babies though. I didn't like Johnson's at all and wouldn't use it again. We use Beaming Baby organic lotion, though it doesn't really smell of much so I've been wondering if I can put some lavender oil in it to make it nice for bedtime. Apart from that, we don't use much else. When Leyla was little and a bit scaly, we were told that olive oil or vegetable oil was the best thing to use to moisturise her and it worked.

We use cloth nappies so she doesn't often get nappy rash, but Tesco do a nice organic nappy rash cream in a little tub. It's quite light and oily so it forms a nice layer on her skin. I prefer it to the thicker nappy creams, though we do use the Boots own one in the GIANT tub that will probably last for 10 babies when we're using disposables.

I use the earth friendly baby products on Harrison and Dom. They smell lovely and I love their mint and lavender handwash too.

my midwife told me that olive oil was good for baby's skin especially. Leila had dry skin when she was born and she recommended it then.

Looks like olive oil it is then. I find it great for me. I am more now wondering about the baby bath/shampoo. I think Sainsbury's do a range too so I'll have a look.

I havent personally used these but I have heard great things about the range

Green People

We are olive oil fans here ds1 has severe eczma and is in wet wraps at night so i use olive oil during the day in replace of double base etc

I use a mixture of salcura (my baby has eczema) for skin care and then barely anything in the bath, no shampoo or anything. For wipe soltuion i either make my own or use the northern essence stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->