Baby sleeping in your room after birth...

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
so i'v been told by people that after the babys born there supposed to sleep in your room with you for awhile. The thing with that is i dont have enough room in my bedroom for a crib do to having a king size bed.. what am i supposed to do??

:shrug:

My sister and her husband had their baby sleep in the king size bed with them. They had a foam thingy that kept the baby from moving. That could be an option. I'm not sure if we'll do that or just put the baby in the crib in the other room. Its a small house, so its not like he'd be that far away.

Altho you dont have too keep the lo in ur room after birth it is recomended and they say it reduces the risk of SID keeping the LO in there untill 6 months, i kept my son in the room with me untill he was 4 months, Id suggest you tryed maybe moving ur room around too find a space for the crib as it is quite important x

I dont think its a must! i think its just personal preference tbh. My baby will be going into its own room as soon as were home from the hospital, i dont see the point in starting something i dont want to continue with. and also i dont live in a place where we " need " to share with the baby, i mean ii know ill be constantly checking on it but that doesnt mean i need to have it in the bed next to me, thats why monitors were invented in my opinion, but as i said everyone is different and has different preferences xx

what about a bassinet there smaller then a crib right???

I am putting ours in the bed with us for the first year. I did that with my first 2 and they easily went to their own rooms after that. You can buy foam things to keep baby out from under you if you want. I never found it to be a problem just having baby snuggled by me. Their squirming always wakes you.

me and my OH r having r baby in r room with us . i dont think i could settle if i had the baby in a dif room at night wouldnt be the same for me personaly.

where can you buy these foam things??

p.s i live in the U.S

where can you buy these foam things??

p.s i live in the U.S

what about a bassinet there smaller then a crib right???

Those are much smaller but baby will out grow them after 3 or 4 months.

You may find something like these things you like that may fit... https://babybungalow.com/arreaccosvar.html

I plan on having the baby with me in our bedroom for bout 3 months cos thats how long I plan on breast feeding, gonna get a little rocking moses basket

A few more links to ideas..

https://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ120309437182

https://www.maternityandbabyshoppingmart.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5073

https://www.jusonne.co.uk/baby-sleeper-bed-for-co-sleeping-2499-366-p.asp

A few more links to ideas..

https://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ120309437182

https://www.maternityandbabyshoppingmart.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5073

https://www.jusonne.co.uk/baby-sleeper-bed-for-co-sleeping-2499-366-p.asp

Me and David won't have much room n our bedroom so are using a moses basket, they are small, cute and apparantly make the baby feel safe as its small like the womb so i've heard lol :)

Please please please please can people try to think against sleeping with the baby in your bed?? I dont mean to preach but I work in a childrens hosp and we hear so many horror stories about babies being squashed and suffocated under a parent or duvet!!

I dont mean to tell you what to do or tell you how to bring up a child as I am only pregnant with my 1st baby! But just do a search on it and I'm sure some horrible stories would come up! Fair enough if people have done it with previous babies but....

Anyway, please dont slate me! Thanks xxxx

Please please please please can people try to think against sleeping with the baby in your bed?? I dont mean to preach but I work in a childrens hosp and we hear so many horror stories about babies being squashed and suffocated under a parent or duvet!!

I dont mean to tell you what to do or tell you how to bring up a child as I am only pregnant with my 1st baby! But just do a search on it and I'm sure some horrible stories would come up! Fair enough if people have done it with previous babies but....

i completey agree :) why would you be slated your just stating a valid point :)

I am scared ****less to do that
on desperate housewifes bri said it helps your baby to bond with you ect and I thought that was cute and a great idea but then I read that it was one of the causes of cot death so fwak that for a bag of chips! D:

Just thought I'd mention it, but I saw a thing about SIDS and one of the things they repeatedly stressed was the increased risk of SIDS when baby shares a sleeping surface with parents. I haven't investigated it any further as we are going to have a moses basket but if you are thinking of sharing a sleeping surface then I would def have a look at it... xx

I will be having my baby in our room until he gets too big for his bassinett. Probably around 3 months. My SIL said she had her daughter sllep next to them in the bassinett for 6 weeks then across the room for a few more weeks then out in the hall just outside the door for a few weeks so she sould get used to being away from them gradually. I like that idea. I have cats though so it will be a problem if I have him sleep in the hall. Maybe i will just shut the living room door for the night time. Keep them in there.
Most rooms wont fit a crib, that is why bassinetts are so great. If you are concerned with spending a lot of money on something they will outgrow, i would be... I got ours as a hand me down. you can get a porta-crib with the bassinett on top and that way you will always have the porta-crib for travelling and as a playpen.

Because there is a decrease in the risk of SIDS when a baby sleeps in the same room with the mother, I don't think having the baby sleep in the room amounts to a matter of personal preference for me. It's a necessity as far as I'm concerned as I would happily do anything I could to decrease the risk of SIDS. There's no guarantees with it anyway but the fact that it reduces the chances of it happening are enough for me.

Monitors are great to hear the baby but from what I understand about the reasons they think sleeping near the baby reduces SIDS, it's more about being able to hear the mother's breathing as perhaps it stimulates or reminds the baby on some level to continue breathing during sleep. It regulates the breathing patterns, in other words.

I would never co-sleep with a baby, though. I did that once with my son when he was an infant, thinking I would wake up should he move or anything. When I woke up, I had moved slightly but in such a way that my boob was laying right over the top of his head, and it covered it completely as it was bigger than his head. The only reason I didn't smother him is because his head was turned in towards my armpit and hence he was able to breathe. I can't describe to you the level of fear and guilt I felt after that experience, and there is no way I would ever repeat that again and take that risk. I used a bassinet for him and it was much smaller than a crib and I was able to squeeze it right beside my side of the bed in our room.

The above are just my opinions based on my own experiences and knowledge, anyway, and what works for me. I wish you the best whatever you decide. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->