Baby sleeping too much in wrap?

wish4baby

Reaction score
So, we love, love, love our woven wrap. My 2 month old literally relaxes completely when I start to put her in it, her eyes almost close, its really cute.
But, she only looks around for a few minutes then nods off. Generally, I leave her there, sleeping 2-3 hours until she wakes to eat. Then she eats, diaper change, a few minutes playtime, and she starts fussing so I pull out wrap and repeat. This is all day! Sometimes when we're out, I can get her to be ok in her stroller for 20-30 min before she cries to be held, then it's back in the wrap.

She wakes & cries if I try to lay her down, no matter how gently.
If she's asleep enough, I can sit in my rocker and just rock and she's happy (then I get computer/tv/book time lol)

Her nighttime schedule seems normal to me (same as my other kids were, anyway). She is hitting those early milestones on track - eye following, smiling, cooing, strong head, etc....

But I feel bad, it's so easy just to pop her in the wrap...do you think she's sleeping too much? Does she need more interaction or playtime?
Maybe my house and other kids are too noisy and she's overstimulated from all the noise lol, is that possible? Also I only use one carry - front wrap cross carry, legs out, should I be mixing it up?
And poor darling has heat rash on her face from being up against me all the time!! Any tips on preventing it?

I love it, and know she needs to be close but should I be trying to get her to stay awake more? It seems like the wrap is what's putting her to sleep...I mean, if I didn't have one I don't think she'd be sleeping as much. Is that a bad thing?

Her mission at this age is to sleep and eat. The first 3 months is the last trimester that is why we wrap our beautiful babies.
She'll perk up around 3-4months and you'll miss those newborn cuddles and sleeps

I read online they should be sleeping 15-16 hrs a day....there is no way my LO is awake for more than 6 hrs total, and probably more like 5 - so she's sleeping like 18-19 hrs a day, thanks to my wrap lol

I'll probably just mention it at our next visit, but as of now it's very convenient and we're all happy so I guess we'll keep at it!

I think I should find a second carry we like... :)

It sounds perfect to me. As long as she's happy when she's awake and doing the usual things like feeding and pooing enough, I'd just be happy she's happy and enjoy it.

Until my DS was probably 3 or 4 months he was asleep ALL THE TIME! :) He was gaining weight wonderfully and his Dr was more than pleased with him.

You can't force a baby to sleep! If she's sleeping she needs it. She sounds like a happy baby - if it's working for you don't change it!

Until my DS was probably 3 or 4 months he was asleep ALL THE TIME! :) He was gaining weight wonderfully and his Dr was more than pleased with him.

I had the same with my DS, then he "woke up" one day and then our weight gain wasn't as good and now he's a skinny minny

I have days where I think he's sleeping more than I'd like, abd days when I think he's been awake too long. It evens out in the end, so I try not to stress over it. They grow in their sleep, so as long as they're waking to feed, it's all good.

That being said, if you want to have her awake a bit, then try and pop her down awake on a play mat or something and let her kick for a bit.

I had the same with my DS, then he "woke up" one day and then our weight gain wasn't as good and now he's a skinny minny

DS is 4 now and while he's "sturdy" (has his daddy's bone structure) he's def a string bean now. lol

I found my son learnt to run before he walked as a toddler lol.

So are you a full term breastfeeder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->