Baby Tom back in hospital

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Tom had his check up this morning and it confirmed all our fears - that he does indeed have hydrocefeles (fluid build up on the brain) and will need shunts (drains) inserted into his brain asap. So he has been readmitted to neonatal Intensive care. We are just waiting for the result of a CT scan to see if a heamorage in his brain caused by the forceps has reabsorbed. If it has, he will have surgery tomorrow. If not they will have to drain the blood from his brain and when it dries up they will do the surgery, probably by thursday.

This is the bit i couldnt prepare myself for. The surgery itself is very simple but there will be a long term risk of menningitis and that scares the hell out of me:(:cry:

Please send all your positive vibes to little Tom!!

ah hunni thinking of u and baby tommy :hugs: and loads of positive vibes ur way xxx

:hug: Will keep you and him in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh hun, that is scary, all my thoughts and prayers are with you and your little boy!!

thinking of you all in this testing time :hug::hug::hug:

:hug: :hug:
you and little tom are in my thoughts and prayers. i hope the surgery goes well.

Christine
X

I'm so sorry!!! I hate to hear that babies have to go through any sort of surgery or time in the hospital.. It really makes me feel horrible.. Innocent little souls... I hope everything goes well for you all. Please keep us updated. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Much love and positive thoughts sent to you and your little prince xXx

ditto 2 what everyone has said sweetheart.
thinking of u all :hugs: :hugs:
xxxxxxx

aww i hope hes ok hun lots of hugs n kisses x x x

I'm sorry to hear that, love!! He'll be ok! Lots of :hugs: for you and Lil Tom!!

So sorry to hear this, but if Tom is anything like his mummy, he's a little fighter and he'll take this all in his stride.

Good luck hun, I hope his surgery goes well.:hugs::hugs:

huge :hugs: tom will be great , a little fighter just like his mummy! x

Thinking of you both, must be so scary :( He's a strong little boy though.

xxx

Thinking of you and Tommy :hugs: Good luck and best wishes!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"