baby towels?

ToughhGal

Expecting A Miracle
Reaction score
Are these a must or no? I have heard they are great, and have heard they don't absorb well. Do you ladies use them?

:flower:

My sister bought me a Cuddledry towel when ds was born and it is fab. The original one is almost 5 years old and still works well and is still lovely and soft. We have a few others too. They are expensive but totally worth it x

IMO they are not a necessary expense. A lot of the little hooded towels that you can purchase for babies ARE rather thin and do not soak up well, but you can kind of tell when you feel them. A friend of mine made a hooded towel from a regular sized towel and a wash cloth (the hood) and gifted it to me at my DD2's baby shower. She is nearly 6 years old now and still uses and loves it. If you are good at sewing (or know someone who is) you could attempt something similar.

Mushymilk.. The towels at babies r us came in 3 pack and were around 20 dollars.

I just wasn't sure of their quality as they were in a closed pack. Single hooded towels cost 20 too. They can get ridiculously high but the wash cloths aren't bad at all. I bought a 12 pack.

We had two. They are not a must have, but we found them easier to use for an infant due to their small size. Problem is, that small size also meant my son outgrew them before too long. They probably only got a year of use.

I had some thin towels and some thick ones. The thin ones were awful and didn't absorb anything. I used to lay out one of the thick ones with a thin one over top. I'd dry her off as best as I could with the thin towel then move it away so she was laying on the thicker one, put on a clean diaper and then wrap her up for cuddles in the thicker towel because it would be dry. I hope that makes sense.

Agree that they grow out of them too quickly. We did use them a lot though - but the cheap ones have gone very scratchy and rather than keep them for baby 2, my cats now use them. We did get given a White Company towel (which I imagine was pricy) and that is still in great condition, it lasted until 18mths as it was bigger and it's thicker. Rather than buy lots this time I think I'll buy another one or two from there.

I found them useful the first few months while trying to get used to bathing and you're not practiced at getting them dressed etc knowing they're not getting cold. But they didn't last long.

After a while it was just easier to use a 'normal' towel as they're bigger. For swimming etc I use a bathing robe for little one which get outs on as soon as out. Now my 4 year old just has the open poncho type towel with a hood which are also good

I would say they're unneccessary... I used them with my first little one and found that they are thin and lose their softness after a while.
This time round, I just plan on using normal towels.

I love them. When they outgrow them, I use them as a hair towel for me, the hooded bit hooks at the nape of the neck

We did use them as we received some for baby gifts. They are OK but totally not necessary. You can just as easily use a regular towel to wrap them up and a little facecloth to dry their head first.

Oh, they're fine, I guess. They aren't very absorbant, and a regular bath towel would actually wisk up the moisture quicker, and probably more effectively. I did like the little hoodies that they have, though. They are definitely not an essential item, IMO.

I received some as a gift and only used them once. I liked wrapping her up in a regular towel, plus I have plenty of towels and didn't want separate ones just for baby.

We were given a couple but ended up mostly using them to line the nappy change mat. My normal towels are much fluffier and more absorbent so better suited to a wet baby. I would save the money and use it to buy something else.

I've always used the hooded bath towels for my dd and found them great, she loves the hood part and only now at 3.5 has she asked to swap to a bigger towel like mummy. I have bought some new ones for new baby x

I use the towels all the time... Daughter loves them and i love the hood.

I think iv learnt as my amount of children have grown . What stuff are essential and what are not . And for me no baby towels are a waist of money ,
They grow so quick kids are out of them so soon . And what's the point anyway just use a normal towel ?
Also I won't be getting baby bath either . I'll use baby cushion in my own bath or sink like my parents did with me .

I'm with Shihona and love the Cuddledry towel I got when my little boy arrived. It's bigger than most baby towels and 3 years on is still beautifully soft and dries well. When you're bathing a tiny tot it acts as a big apron to keep you dry and then it has a pocket to put babies head in while you just cuddle them dry! They make bigger toddler towels which are kind of a cross between dressing up costumes and towels too which are great. They are expensive but last well - will be asking for another one as a Christmas present for baby I think (as I'm due end of November)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->