• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby vomiting powdered formula but not ready to feed?

Lindsey123

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone got any experience of this? My 11 month old has been on Aptamil 3 Follow on milk since she was 6 months old, and I always bought the ready to feed. She'll be 1 in a fortnight and I wasn't sure that I wanted to switch her to cow's milk straight away, as she loves her bottle and, though she eats a huge variety of foods, she doesn't eat a huge amount at each meal.

I decided last week to try the powder as money is a bit tight and the ready to feed costs a fortune, yet she vomited every day she had it :S I went back to ready to feed and no sick at all. I don't understand. When I called the company up, they insist it is the same as the ready to feed and I know I am making it correctly with sterilised bottles and extra careful hygiene.

Has anyone found the same with their LOs?

Thanks!

L x

Oh how odd maybe its just coincidence and lo is ill in general is she ok in herself.

She's completely fine other than that. Strange - the first day she was on powder, she went to bed as usual smiling, then half an hour later was up screaming and projectile vomited. Same for the next two days, but several times in the day. As soon as we went back to ready made, the powder being the only variable, she has not been sick once. It's weird! (and a shame, as it's less than half the price!)

strange, but i think you will have to stick to rtf or swap to cows milk im afraid

My first daughter was like this, with Aptamil as well. We stuck with the ready to feed to prevent it, to me it seems thicker than the powdered milk? Could be why it stays down better!

My first daughter was like this, with Aptamil as well. We stuck with the ready to feed to prevent it, to me it seems thicker than the powdered milk? Could be why it stays down better!

The ready made are a different consistency. The sma seems thinner and my lo doesn't stay full up as long when she has it.

When we changed her to cows milk just after her first birthday she was fine with that too, no sick! if you dont want to change to cows milk you could try the aptamil growing up milk (1 year+) because the ready to feed is a bit cheaper than normal follow on milk x

Thanks, all :) When you switched to cow's milk and baby wasn't sick, had you swapped all the milk over all at once, or just one bottle at a time/part of a bottle mixed with Aptamil, please? My LO drinks 5 bottles a day, still, so I need to get this right :) Thanks!

When we changed her to cows milk just after her first birthday she was fine with that too, no sick! if you dont want to change to cows milk you could try the aptamil growing up milk (1 year+) because the ready to feed is a bit cheaper than normal follow on milk x

I wondered about going to the Growing Up Milk - I buy 7 litres of milk a week and it would save £6 just by doing the switch to that RTF formula - but I'd heard on here that it was vanilla-y flavoured and quite sickly, and my LO doesn't like sweet things very much. I could get a bottle and give it a go, or maybe the cow's milk with Abidec vitamin drops. Or just stay on No3 for a while? I can't decide what is best for her :dohh:

I was so scared of moving to cows milk as I was convinced it was going to be vomit central at my house. Went half and half and he was still vomiting so tried a day of full cows milk and literally since that day his vomiting has decreased massively. So obviously was sensitive to something in formula and wish I'd tried cows milk earlier than I did!

I switched straight to cows milk but she was only having 2 bottles a day at that point, but she loved it and wasn't sick. I used vitamin drops in the milk :) since your LO has 5 bottles you might be better doing it more gradually.

If we were going out all day I would take one of the small bottles of growing up milk in my bag for her 3pm bottle and she was always fine with that as well, I don't remember it seeming any more sweeter than the follow on milk seems? You might have to try a little bottle and see what you think.

I was so scared of moving to cows milk as I was convinced it was going to be vomit central at my house. Went half and half and he was still vomiting so tried a day of full cows milk and literally since that day his vomiting has decreased massively. So obviously was sensitive to something in formula and wish I'd tried cows milk earlier than I did!

Just wanted to update and say same here :) I tried cow's milk yesterday and today and no vomits at all! One cup of toddler milk (RTF) in the morning (and I bought some little bottles too, thanks!) and at night and cow's milk the rest of the time - she's seemed to like it too :happydance:

Thanks for all your help, everyone :)

The powder does often have different ingredients from the ready to feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->